Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
GT 1.9, 159 TI 2.0, Giulia Speciale 2.2
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am trying to retrofit paddles to by 2017 Giulia.

As part of this I need to source the shroud/cowl on the lower part of the steering column; one with the holes in it for the paddles to go through. Any ideas on where to order this online as I would prefer a clean part rather than dremeling holes in my existing one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I can't advise on any online supplier, but can provide other information you or others may find useful. Part number I use on EU Giulias for retrofitting paddles is 156110210 (I remember US cars has different part number, but not sure if UK/IRL are the same as EU), price around EUR35. I order it for my purposes via dealer, call them, usually next day part is in for collection. But, last time when I did this 2 weeks ago I took last in Polish stocks, on other parts I wanted they said no stock and all deliveries from Italy are frozen, date unknown.
You may look for 2nd hand as well - I seen for around EUR25 with shipping on ebay like service in Poland, the problem is delivery to abroad. If your dealer can't help you now, temporarily cut holes and later replace with proper.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try shop4parts. I got the ACC button from them. Drop them a email or phone call as.it won't be listed on there website.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou so much for your responses. I will email shop4parts with that part number from epsonix (all I could ever source is the US part number which is useless on this side of the Atlantic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not sure where you are in Ireland but it you don't have it and you ever need multiecuscan drop me a PM

·
Registered
246 Posts
What was the ACC button for Paul ? Did you retrofit ? Big job ?
Yeah I retrofitted ACC. Took about 20 mins to fit the switch and a 15 mins with multiecuscan. Switch was less then €50.
I also enabled auto dip for the lights .
Both are very handy features.
I removed the steering wheel to fit the switch but you can do it in situ.
Apparently some people have found if you pop off the blanking piece on the existing switch. You can actually see the ACC button underneath.
Then just swap the cover over . That way you don't even have to disassemble the steering wheel.
There's a guide on here or the giuliaforums . I cant remember.

If you want to pop down for a coffee I'll give you a hand. After the restrictions blow over

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't but this is the stelvio part number
I rang shop4parts with this number and they ordered me the Giulia equivalent. They are different as the Stelvio has hill descent on the same switch.
Price was £36.52 plus shipping

Sounds good Hugh. Get the part and we can make a plan

·
Registered
942 Posts
note that giulia and stelvio buttons with ACC have different part numbers
Stelvio 156130459 and recently was replaced by 156147761
Giulia 156146359 is one I bought for my customers, possibly it is also replaced now with newer - don't worry, dealers handle this all right - their system always shows replacments once original part not available

Stelvio buttons coudl work in Giulia as well, and who knows, maybe it is possible to activate hill descent as well (4th button), though you need to know where in Proxi, and MES currently does not have this as off the shelf setting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure where you are in Ireland but it you don't have it and you ever need multiecuscan drop me a PM
Thanks so much; that's really decent of you. I am in Dublin (Whitehall) but I think the job needs the ecuscan and a few other bits and pieces (like modified cables) for the proxy alignment. I was going to ask a mechanic to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I retrofitted ACC. Took about 20 mins to fit the switch and a 15 mins with multiecuscan. Switch was less then €50.
I also enabled auto dip for the lights .
Both are very handy features.
I removed the steering wheel to fit the switch but you can do it in situ.
Apparently some people have found if you pop off the blanking piece on the existing switch. You can actually see the ACC button underneath.
Then just swap the cover over . That way you don't even have to disassemble the steering wheel.
There's a guide on here or the giuliaforums . I cant remember.

If you want to pop down for a coffee I'll give you a hand. After the restrictions blow over
This sounds like a great Mod; will have to look into it once I get my paddles sorted. I spent so much of time tinkering with my 159; looks like the the Giulia wont be any different!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
This sounds like a great Mod; will have to look into it once I get my paddles sorted. I spent so much of time tinkering with my 159; looks like the the Giulia wont be any different!!
Might be worth doing the paddles and ACC at the same time if you have to remove the steering wheel to fit the paddles. (I assume you do but I've not checked)
If you have no luck finding someone to do the Proxi alignment let me know. I have multiecuscan and the correct cable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Might be worth doing the paddles and ACC at the same time if you have to remove the steering wheel to fit the paddles. (I assume you do but I've not checked)
If you have no luck finding someone to do the Proxi alignment let me know. I have multiecuscan and the correct cable.
Thanks again for the offer. I will see how I get with the mechanic before I go bothering you (I'm guessing it will be a while before I can get to them on this with the lockdown). Just out of interest do you have the grey and blue adapters for the ecuscan? Many thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks again for the offer. I will see how I get with the mechanic before I go bothering you (I'm guessing it will be a while before I can get to them on this with the lockdown). Just out of interest do you have the grey and blue adapters for the ecuscan? Many thanks!
Yeah I have the adapters, so I can do a full proxi without issues.
Either way the offer still stands ?
Even if you want to call and do it remotely, I'll hand the laptop to you from 2 meters away :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I have the adapters, so I can do a full proxi without issues.
Either way the offer still stands ?
Even if you want to call and do it remotely, I'll hand the laptop to you from 2 meters away :)
Thanks so much; will see how I get on but I will definitely remember that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts