Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is a repost - could only see a thread in the SA lounge.

Lorenzo Ramaciotti puts the final touch to Alfa Romeo Giulia | AutoEdizione.com

Halfway 2013, Alfa Romeo will already show the Giulia to the world in anticipation of the market launch in January 2014, that’s what several Italian sources said today. Chief of design Lorenzo Ramaciotti and his team would at this very moment be working on the last design phase of the D-segment car.

The Giulia will appear as a sedan and as a station wagon and will mostly be powered by 1.4 and 1.8 turbo engines. The most high-end model will have the new 3.2 V6 (with or without turbo) under the bonnet, which is currently being finished and perfected by FPT

AutoEdizione has received internal information that for the Giulia (and later on also other models of Alfa Romeo and Dodge) a lot of effort has been put into creating a unique RWD-variant.
Well we'll see I guess. Anyone know anything about Lorenzo's past work?

·
Registered
934 Posts
The most interesting bit about the Giulia on this release was this:

" it seems that the Giulia won’t have the same drivability as the Dart/Viaggio and the successors of the Delta, Lybra and Chrysler 200. AutoEdizione has received internal information that for the Giulia (and later on also other models of Alfa Romeo and Dodge) a lot of effort has been put into creating a unique RWD-variant."

RWD ! Here is a translated entry from the Italian Wiki about Lorenzo... he designed the Ferarri Enzo, Maserati Quattroporte and F430 ... so he knows what he is doing I suspect !

Google Translate

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that quoted bit means the 'driveability' will be substantially different from the listed models - something lost in translation makes it sound negative, but I don't think it's supposed to be. Cheers for the link - good to see his previous work inspires some degree of hope!

·
Registered
36,018 Posts
The most interesting bit about the Giulia on this release was this:

" it seems that the Giulia won’t have the same drivability as the Dart/Viaggio and the successors of the Delta, Lybra and Chrysler 200. AutoEdizione has received internal information that for the Giulia (and later on also other models of Alfa Romeo and Dodge) a lot of effort has been put into creating a unique RWD-variant."

RWD ! Here is a translated entry from the Italian Wiki about Lorenzo... he designed the Ferarri Enzo, Maserati Quattroporte and F430 ... so he knows what he is doing I suspect !

Google Translate
Ramaciotti was the design manager between Ferrari and :(//en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Cordero_di_Montezemolo)and pininfarina designers on their projects together. The Enzo designer was a Japanese guy who left to do his own cars.
He will be coordinating the Giulia design in the same way but with the Fiat management.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts