Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

Registered
BTW, we have gone for Visconti Green with Walnut / Beige interior and the 19 inch Dark Petal wheels with yellow calipers.
We have also ordered a staggered 20 inch set of these bad boys after checking with both Alfa and the manufacturer that they would fit.
These will be our summer tyres and the 19 Inch OEM will be fitted with winter tyres.

Double Tinted Black...;)
I missed this post earlier, that's a nice spec, nice to see a green car from time to time. Especially if it's an Alfa馃槈

I quite like those second rim's, I have thought about something similar, but the other way around, having winter tyre's on the aftermarket wheels. I'm thinking gold/brass wheels on green. 馃 Will you switch the wheels over yourself each season? It's not yet winter so hopefully a good few months left to decide.

Haha I hope they don't steal my door projector light's. They've been at the dealer for some time now, as I got a mopar discount, which was cheaper than the dealer could get, and avoided extras on the finance.

Most of those fittings should be fairly easy, and quick, however the fuel cap, is even easier, it's just swapping the two over. I have it, and will be swapping back to original so that I can put it on thr new car. From memory it's just an elasticated rubber ring around the cap.

Which detailer are you planning to use? I've found a place two minute's from Beechdale, they look very professional, but are still quite new to the business. Concept PPF, I'm a little anxious, but hopefully they'll do a fantastic job.

It's not just the US, our poor Hungarian friend on here has been waiting since November, and still has no build week confirmation. I do worry about dealer's and customer's fighting over the same or similar specification car's. Auto trader has several dealer's with the same adverts for the same car's waiting to be delivered. It shouldn't happen at this stage though, as they should be locked in against our name's.

I don't really know this sealing of pistons technique? What is that exactly? I also need to familiarise my self with the recommended run in procedure.

Registered
I missed this post earlier, that's a nice spec, nice to see a green car from time to time. Especially if it's an Alfa馃槈

I quite like those second rim's, I have thought about something similar, but the other way around, having winter tyre's on the aftermarket wheels. I'm thinking gold/brass wheels on green. 馃 Will you switch the wheels over yourself each season? It's not yet winter so hopefully a good few months left to decide.

Haha I hope they don't steal my door projector light's. They've been at the dealer for some time now, as I got a mopar discount, which was cheaper than the dealer could get, and avoided extras on the finance.

Most of those fittings should be fairly easy, and quick, however the fuel cap, is even easier, it's just swapping the two over. I have it, and will be swapping back to original so that I can put it on thr new car. From memory it's just an elasticated rubber ring around the cap.

Which detailer are you planning to use? I've found a place two minute's from Beechdale, they look very professional, but are still quite new to the business. Concept PPF, I'm a little anxious, but hopefully they'll do a fantastic job.

It's not just the US, our poor Hungarian friend on here has been waiting since November, and still has no build week confirmation. I do worry about dealer's and customer's fighting over the same or similar specification car's. Auto trader has several dealer's with the same adverts for the same car's waiting to be delivered. It shouldn't happen at this stage though, as they should be locked in against our name's.

I don't really know this sealing of pistons technique? What is that exactly? I also need to familiarise my self with the recommended run in procedure.
Yes we have been watching the correspondence re delivery to East Europe too.....

Detailers are a company called Shining Monkeys. https://theshiningmonkeys.com/home
They are in Billingham here in the North East, a bit far from you I fear, yet interestingly, they have a contract maintaining a Company Fleet of 6 Giulia QV's..:p:D, so they are familiar with how to dress them up and for 拢40.00 a month, they will do a full interior valet and external inspection with reapplication as needed.
According to experts once applied Ceramic coating should last and require minimal reapplication. ,
They use Gtechniq products. We are not intending going down the PPF route, but MIGHT get the front bumper only done.
They are saying 4~5 days from receipt to release back to us....price includes both sets of wheels, even though the Concavers wont be with us until possibly late July.
Price quoted for their top package is around 拢1,499.00, however, we originally contacted them last year and agreed a lower price 0f around 拢900.
Just noticed that they are offering another product of self healing ceramic coating by Kamikaze, so might ask about this as well.

Re the running in advice and piston sealing...
Even though they say modern cars need minimal running in, we still adhere to the advice given and with our previous cars we have felt the benefit and my husband swears by the piston sealing technique and has seen proof to say it works....on his bikes..
Basically go out and get engine warmed up, the run should include several STEEP climbs of around 1/2 mile at least.
Build up your speed approaching the hill then put car into a higher gear, 5/6/7 then try to maintain speed up hill. This in effect makes the engine labour and work harder meaning the piston seal is made tighter. At top of hill change back down to 3/4/5 for a short period to let engine recover then go back up through gears driving normally, then repeat as often as possible on this run, then use car as normal, but then repeat several times more over next couple of weeks and car should be better for it. (you can reverse the technique by using lower gears going down hill and resist the brake,,,,sounded horrendous in a car TBH):oops:o_O
Last bike he had claimed 135 BHP, he used this technique and had BHP checked, it registered 144 BHP and when he sold it 5 years later, it was retested and still had 142 BHP, his friend who had a similar bike had his tested at 130 BHP at that moment, so it works...
It is definitely a bikers trick, we never had any other car BHP checked, but the acceleration of cars we have used the technique on definitely didn't seem to flag over the period of ownership.

Registered
Sorry, just seen your comment re swapping over wheels.
We have a couple of dates re swapping over times and Nov 5TH will be the changeover date for winter wheels, and May 1st will be swapping back to summers.
We will use a local garage to swap wheels over as the winters will be square refit, whilst the summers are staggered and dont trust myself to get the rotation correct!!
They only charge 拢6.00 to repair a tyre so cant see them charging THAT much to change wheels over.

Incidentally the Concavers will be 8.5 front and probably run on 235 /245 and the rears 10.5 and run on 275/285 profile.
Concaver have not specified the need for any spacers or new bolts, but Driftworks have suggested bolts should spacers be needed.
Actually ordered them via Wheelbase in Oldham. We will travel over to get them to fit them and check everything is OK rather than them send them out and us find spacers were actually needed..!!
They will also fit compatible TPMS and ensure they are working before we return home.

Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
Had an update from the dealer that the car is due with them this week and looks like I'm collecting it on the 15th.

So, for anyone else looking into lead time:
WK13 ordered
WK20 build confirmation
WK22 delivered to port
WK23 delivered to dealer

Personally I think that's an impressive turnaround considering everything happening from the pandemic and the rumoured plant shutdowns. In fairness the fact I went for a Veloce Ti probably helped as you're limited to which interior options you have on the configurator when you go for a Veloce Ti trim.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Mergers. Pleased for you. I鈥檝e just had a conversation with Oliver at Beechdale. He is now telling me that my Veloce ti (yellow callipers, red stitching) scheduled to be built this week (23) is now delayed by 2 - 3 weeks. It was ordered week 16. 鈽

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Had an update from the dealer that the car is due with them this week and looks like I'm collecting it on the 15th.

WK13 ordered
WK20 build confirmation
WK22 delivered to port
WK23 delivered to dealer

Personally I think that's an impressive turnaround considering everything happening from the pandemic and the rumoured plant shutdowns. In fairness the fact I went for a Veloce Ti probably helped as you're limited to which interior options you have on the configurator when you go for a Veloce Ti trim.
Mekerz Sorry typo

Registered
Sorry, just seen your comment re swapping over wheels.
We have a couple of dates re swapping over times and Nov 5TH will be the changeover date for winter wheels, and May 1st will be swapping back to summers.
We will use a local garage to swap wheels over as the winters will be square refit, whilst the summers are staggered and dont trust myself to get the rotation correct!!
They only charge 拢6.00 to repair a tyre so cant see them charging THAT much to change wheels over.

Incidentally the Concavers will be 8.5 front and probably run on 235 /245 and the rears 10.5 and run on 275/285 profile.
Concaver have not specified the need for any spacers or new bolts, but Driftworks have suggested bolts should spacers be needed.
Actually ordered them via Wheelbase in Oldham. We will travel over to get them to fit them and check everything is OK rather than them send them out and us find spacers were actually needed..!!
They will also fit compatible TPMS and ensure they are working before we return home.
How much will they charge to swap the wheels for you, and how will you get the spares to them? I haven't got the tool's to swap them myself easily. Well I have, but they're a bit rough and rusty after using them on second hand motor's. I could get a friend to help, who would have a torque wrench etc.

Registered
Wont be that much I suspect.
We will take the crossovers down in the boot of our car, hopefully they will all fit.in....!!!...If not our son has a Grand Scenic so they will fit there.

Looking back slightly, did YOU contact the Beechdale, or was it the other way around re the delivery?
We think ours may be handed over at the end of next week, as the accessories take about 4 days to fit.....
We will be coming down the day before to hand over number plates and hopefully get most of the paperwork sorted, then stay overnight and off home the next morning after handover.

Registered
Hi All,
Been following this thread with interest as I too have a Veloce on the way (Visconti Verde with Tan, dark wheels, Performance Pack and Lighting Pack, Harman Kardon, Climate Pack), ordered via Beechdale. I ordered week 17, and was told week 23 would be the build week (which would have been this week). However, imagine my surprise when today Beechdale emailed me to say the car is at Portbury already and should be with them in 2-3 weeks! That would make it a 7-8 week delivery timeframe vs the 16-20 weeks I was quoted. Crazy! I've read elsewhere that some cars seem to be turning up early, and some getting delayed, seemingly for no clear reason according to the dealers.

Anyway, sharing to give hope to others that are waiting for updates! Hope we all get our cars soon! :)

Registered
Wont be that much I suspect.
We will take the crossovers down in the boot of our car, hopefully they will all fit.in....!!!...If not our son has a Grand Scenic so they will fit there.

Looking back slightly, did YOU contact the Beechdale, or was it the other way around re the delivery?
We think ours may be handed over at the end of next week, as the accessories take about 4 days to fit.....
We will be coming down the day before to hand over number plates and hopefully get most of the paperwork sorted, then stay overnight and off home the next morning after handover.
I've never been able to get four wheels in the boot of a saloon, hatchback or coupe. Good luck, I suspect the scenic will be the likely option. 馃ぃ

It was a bit of both, the dealer contacted me to say farewell, and Oliver will be taking over. Mine will be going for the treatment on 21st, so won't pick mine up until the end of that week. They should have all the paperwork and registration and part's all sorted by then.

Registered

WK13 ordered
WK20 build confirmation
WK22 delivered to port
WK23 delivered to dealer

Hi All,
Been following this thread with interest as I too have a Veloce on the way (Visconti Verde with Tan, dark wheels, Performance Pack and Lighting Pack, Harman Kardon, Climate Pack), ordered via Beechdale. I ordered week 17, and was told week 23 would be the build week (which would have been this week). However, imagine my surprise when today Beechdale emailed me to say the car is at Portbury already and should be with them in 2-3 weeks! That would make it a 7-8 week delivery timeframe vs the 16-20 weeks I was quoted. Crazy! I've read elsewhere that some cars seem to be turning up early, and some getting delayed, seemingly for no clear reason according to the dealers.

Anyway, sharing to give hope to others that are waiting for updates! Hope we all get our cars soon! :)
Week 8 was the order (Giulia QF)
No build week confirmation.
Week 17 car actually built.
Week 21 car at the port.
Week 23 hopefully car at the dealer.

@Triple8 As @cue2 says, was your car already in the system? I think mine was built earlier than expected, because of that. I ordered a Montreal Green QF, and was told that there were one or two in the system, that would allow the small modifications I requested, namely interior white panels, wheels and calipers. Mine was probably one of those as opposed to a brand new order. I just hope that the finished product is my exact spec, namely the interior colour, that seems to have vanished from the configurator.

Registered
Mitos were notorious for being put together to order from cars in the compounds but I don鈥檛 think the Giulia would be the same! Maybe there are cookies from the online configurator...?

Registered
Interesting thoughts folks, hadn't considered that. I'd assumed that since mine had quite a lot of options (forgot to mention red calipers, maybe heresy as most folks seem to go yellow with Visconti 馃榾), that they wouldn't be able to grab a pre-selected slot, but maybe that's what's happened. I'll try and find out from Beechdale when I speak with them next 馃憤

Registered
Mitos were notorious for being put together to order from cars in the compounds but I don鈥檛 think the Giulia would be the same! Maybe there are cookies from the online configurator...?
In what sense? I regularly clear cookie's and lot's have option's have disappeared from the configurator. Paint option's, my wheels and interior trim all missing.

Interesting thoughts folks, hadn't considered that. I'd assumed that since mine had quite a lot of options (forgot to mention red calipers, maybe heresy as most folks seem to go yellow with Visconti 馃榾), that they wouldn't be able to grab a pre-selected slot, but maybe that's what's happened. I'll try and find out from Beechdale when I speak with them next 馃憤
I was told no Montreal Green car's are currently built, but there are several on order, some of those on order can still be tweaked, minor changes, to allow a more suitable specification. I didn't change a lot, and had it confirmed by Beechdale, one of the Montreal Green Giulia's could be altered to my spec.

Nothing wrong with Red calipers on green. I think red car's suit yellow calipers better personally. 馃ぃ There's a green with red calipers on auto trader currently.

Registered
In what sense? I regularly clear cookie's and lot's have option's have disappeared from the configurator. Paint option's, my wheels and interior trim all missing.

I was told no Montreal Green car's are currently built, but there are several on order, some of those on order can still be tweaked, minor changes, to allow a more suitable specification. I didn't change a lot, and had it confirmed by Beechdale, one of the Montreal Green Giulia's could be altered to my spec.

Nothing wrong with Red calipers on green. I think red car's suit yellow calipers better personally. 馃ぃ There's a green with red calipers on auto trader currently.
Montreal green looks stunning, if I could have had that on the Veloce I would have I think. Based on what you say, it seems very likely they managed to modify a pre ordered car. I'll take it for sure 馃榾馃憤

Registered
'17 Giulia Super Alfa Red and '15 Giulietta QV Squadra Corse (No 9 of 100)
Hi All,

Lovely spec. The Visconti Verde just looks fantastic, in full Sun particularly...:cool:

You are very lucky... (y)

61 - 80 of 97 Posts