Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Beechdale confirmed today, car is now in country, arrived yesterday.
Awaiting transfer to them......:D
Remember, we had confirmation 10 days ago of confirmed build, so might be useful to work on that timescale.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
42 Posts
Now I'm excited as our timescales align perfectly, my confirmation was on the 20th May so perhaps ours was on the same ship? Although I thought the only ship due in recently to Bristol was the Sicilia and that only docked this morning (unless these 3rd party apps are not quite correct with the tracking).

Hopefully hear off the dealer soon, I didn't reply to their email saying it was built so perhaps I'll respond and it might prompt them to come back with an update. Hopefully HMRC don't have it for too long and you get your car sooner rather than later Chopping Block.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Remember, we had confirmation 10 days ago of confirmed build, so might be useful to work on that timescale.
Chopping Block. Hi that’s good info for me. The build of my car is scheduled for next week. So I’m hopeful of a July delivery 😀👍

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now I'm excited as our timescales align perfectly, my confirmation was on the 20th May so perhaps ours was on the same ship? Although I thought the only ship due in recently to Bristol was the Sicilia and that only docked this morning (unless these 3rd party apps are not quite correct with the tracking).

Hopefully hear off the dealer soon, I didn't reply to their email saying it was built so perhaps I'll respond and it might prompt them to come back with an update. Hopefully HMRC don't have it for too long and you get your car sooner rather than later Chopping Block.
According to the Marine tracking we were watching, the Sicilia docked yesterday, but is today shown in a different position within the dock as if she had moved across the docking bay overnight?...

·
Registered
34 Posts
According to the Marine tracking we were watching, the Sicilia docked yesterday, but is today shown in a different position within the dock as if she had moved across the docking bay overnight?...
But looking at another tracker, it shows docking as of this morning, so our other tracker was...erm....optimistic......😆😆😆😆...typically Alfa......

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
42 Posts
I guess these 3rd party apps have different tracking then as the one I'm looking at (MarineTraffic) was showing the Sicilia just off Bude at midnight, then in Portbury dock at 8.27 UTC (which I think is 9.27 BST). Either way, I'm sure the dealer is more accurate as they're getting info from official channels rather than like us using these apps. Plus these apps have proven to be inaccurate before as they had one of the Grimaldi vehicle carriers going to Port Talbot when it was going to Portbury.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's a very big variable it would seem. Mine was 26 day's from build confirmation too arriving, and the dealers apparently get updates Tuesday's and Fridays. I was updated last Friday, you today which seems to confirm that theory. 🤣 The only ship last week was the illusive port Talbot one 'Scandanavia', which arrived early Wednesday morning. I'm still hoping the 10 day's is a good lead time for arrival at the dealership, which another user mentioned that was how long their's took recently, despite the three week estimate. Fingers crossed, there's hopefully going to be quite a few cars being collected soon, hopefully with photos on here🤣

Edit... Out of curiosity, who have you been speaking too at Beechdale? 🤭

·
Registered
'17 Giulia Super Alfa Red and '15 Giulietta QV Squadra Corse (No 9 of 100)
38 Posts
Here in SA, you can probably replace weeks with months if you order to spec, although my dealer told me recently that they get what they're given and so you either buy what they receive or you choose another brand.

All 3 Veloces available at my local dealer currently are identical to each other in spec, except the external colour. Either Alfa Red, White or Grey is the extent of it.

They have one beautiful Visconti Verde, but it's their demo and not for sale yet.

No new QVs are on the horison anytime soon...

We are a tiny market so I guess it's understandable...

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post...have been lurking for a while. I think I have just about read all the Guilia posts end to end while waiting for my car. Great base of knowledge thanks to all who contributed.

Your UK arrivals gives me hope. Ordered my Guilia (Veloce), misano, tan, yellow calipers, HK and sunroof on Feb 20. The dealer tells me it will dock here in Melbourne around June 25 which means it was built about the same time the current UK arrivals were built - sometime in April. I should see it around July 10 or so. The trip here takes between 45 and 60 days it seesm and is consistent with my previous Audi orders.

I haven't been able to get a VIN from the dealer though which I find frustrating - I'm used to tracking my cars as they come across the world. Need to visit the dealer I think rather than relying on him to follow up post phone call.

Stock is very tight here as it seesm to be in SA and most of the available are red (nothing wrong with the red - just not for me this time around) so had no choice but to make a special order.

·
Registered
'17 Giulia Super Alfa Red and '15 Giulietta QV Squadra Corse (No 9 of 100)
38 Posts
First post...have been lurking for a while. I think I have just about read all the Guilia posts end to end while waiting for my car. Great base of knowledge thanks to all who contributed.

Your UK arrivals gives me hope. Ordered my Guilia (Veloce), misano, tan, yellow calipers, HK and sunroof on Feb 20. The dealer tells me it will dock here in Melbourne around June 25 which means it was built about the same time the current UK arrivals were built - sometime in April. I should see it around July 10 or so. The trip here takes between 45 and 60 days it seesm and is consistent with my previous Audi orders.

I haven't been able to get a VIN from the dealer though which I find frustrating - I'm used to tracking my cars as they come across the world. Need to visit the dealer I think rather than relying on him to follow up post phone call.

Stock is very tight here as it seesm to be in SA and most of the available are red (nothing wrong with the red - just not for me this time around) so had no choice but to make a special order.
Good luck with your impending arrival. Just around the corner now.

I like your spec. Misano Blue is fab. I like the tan interior, and the yellow calipers and sunroof are a must...

Seems like we'll have little choice of spec going forward...ho hum...

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a very big variable it would seem. Mine was 26 day's from build confirmation too arriving, and the dealers apparently get updates Tuesday's and Fridays. I was updated last Friday, you today which seems to confirm that theory. 🤣 The only ship last week was the illusive port Talbot one 'Scandanavia', which arrived early Wednesday morning. I'm still hoping the 10 day's is a good lead time for arrival at the dealership, which another user mentioned that was how long their's took recently, despite the three week estimate. Fingers crossed, there's hopefully going to be quite a few cars being collected soon, hopefully with photos on here🤣

Edit... Out of curiosity, who have you been speaking too at Beechdale? 🤭
Stuart Wood has been our focal point, although Oliver Lloyd was person who came up with offer and submitted our order.
Stuart has been in charge since, but Oliver stepped in last week when Stuart had a few holidays in.
Stuart has confirmed today that all is in hand and will give us a handover date when car arrives at dealership, we have around 2~3 days of fitting required for the accessories to be fitted that weren't fitted at factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BTW, we have gone for Visconti Green with Walnut / Beige interior and the 19 inch Dark Petal wheels with yellow calipers.
We have also ordered a staggered 20 inch set of these bad boys after checking with both Alfa and the manufacturer that they would fit.
These will be our summer tyres and the 19 Inch OEM will be fitted with winter tyres.

Double Tinted Black...;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Stuart Wood has been our focal point, although Oliver Lloyd was person who came up with offer and submitted our order.
Stuart has been in charge since, but Oliver stepped in last week when Stuart had a few holidays in.
Stuart has confirmed today that all is in hand and will give us a handover date when car arrives at dealership, we have around 2~3 days of fitting required for the accessories to be fitted that weren't fitted at factory.
I've not dealt with Stuart before, I used Adrian previously, as he was very helpful and communicated well throughout the process. I decided to go with him again this time around, with a few messages from Russell and Oliver. They seem like a nice friendly bunch.

What accessories are you having fitted? Just door projectors on mine, although they will still need to do the PDi check and paper work, plus a trip to the detailers. Might be there at similar times, to collect 🤣

·
Registered
475 Posts
BTW, we have gone for Visconti Green with Walnut / Beige interior and the 19 inch Dark Petal wheels with yellow calipers.
We have also ordered a staggered 20 inch set of these bad boys after checking with both Alfa and the manufacturer that they would fit.
These will be our summer tyres and the 19 Inch OEM will be fitted with winter tyres.

Double Tinted Black...;)
Do you get “Wafers with it?” - “Monty Python - Albatross“.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I had built confirmation WK20, ordered WK13. I had an email today saying its due in the UK this coming week WK22. I believe it's either on the Grande Sicilia or Grande Mediterraneo, so either the 1st June or 4th June delivery into port. It'll be circa three weeks I think from into port to dealer due to HMRC and delivery to dealer.
I think mine will be a similar time scale. Ordered week 16, build next week 23

·
Registered
34 Posts
Drivers Pack A
Walnut Pack
DAP Pack Plus
Lighting Pack
Climate Pack
Sunroof
Heated Rear Seats
Carbon Fibre Front Grille
Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler
Aluminium Fuel Cap
LED Door Sills
Door Projection Lights
Service Plan

Basically EVERYTHING!!!.....:D

From the list above, everything from Carbon Fibre down needs fitting at dealers.
Then like yourself, we are off to a detailer for a GTechniq makeover.

I will have around 120 miles to familiarise myself with it till we get home, most of it will be motorway or Dual carraigeway.
This will allow me to use the suggested running in criteria as recommended by Alfa, although my biker husband has plans to take it up some of the steep banks to help "seal" the pistons as he does on his bikes...:rolleyes:

Those looking at our spec list might be encouraged as we got the car built within the timeframe specified by Beechdale, as I know there are several out there wondering if their order is on time.
I think it's the US that are potentially having issues, although I remember last year our local dealer Alexanders, were peeved when a car they had ordered in the spec another client wanted, was "highjacked" by a southern dealer after they had placed the order....tough times....

41 - 60 of 97 Posts