Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Can anyone describe or better still send a picture of where the up/down headlight adjusters are located on a 2018 Giulia Veloce?
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Can anyone describe or better still send a picture of where the up/down headlight adjusters are located on a 2018 Giulia Veloce?
Thanks
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Red

The xenon headlight is adjusted via a motor which self-levels. If your posting because one headlight is now higher than the other, its more than likely your headlight has popped free of the motor and doesn't need adjusting but re-seating/reconnecting to the motor instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, there are also screws on the top of the headlights, you just need a long hex key with a ball head

It is the n. 2 screw, in both type of headlights in the document. clockwise lifts the light, anti clockwise lowers them

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
But like they said above there is a hex nut accessible from the wheel arch flap, that can also be used. I found that by doing a small adjustment to the hex nut it freed off the screw nicely and I was able to ajust the lights using a 6mm ball hex.

I have highlighted the two hex nuts that can be used if you can't get the ajuster screw to work, but what I did after taking apart half the car was spay them with WD40 and move them slightly then adjust the alignment using the screws.

Taken from the linked forum post above where that picture was.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much to both of you for the helpful information. Both headlights move when I turn the knurled wheel on the dashboard, but both are too high, even on setting 3 (fully loaded boot) although the offside is worst.
Just to be clear, is it a 6mm ball hex key I need for the no.2 adjuster screw?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But like they said above there is a hex nut accessible from the wheel arch flap, that can also be used. I found that by doing a small adjustment to the hex nut it freed off the screw nicely and I was able to ajust the lights using a 6mm ball hex.

I have highlighted the two hex nuts that can be used if you can't get the ajuster screw to work, but what I did after taking apart half the car was spay them with WD40 and move them slightly then adjust the alignment using the screws.

Taken from the linked forum post above where that picture was.
No, there are also screws on the top of the headlights, you just need a long hex key with a ball head

It is the n. 2 screw, in both type of headlights in the document. clockwise lifts the light, anti clockwise lowers them
Thanks very much to both of you for the helpful information. Both headlights move when I turn the knurled wheel on the dashboard, but both are too high, even on setting 3 (fully loaded boot) although the offside is worst.
Just to be clear, is it a 6mm ball hex key I need for the no.2 adjuster screw?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Be careful because sometimes the seat of the screw is full of debris, so when you try to turn it you will damage the screw (it is a plastic one).
Check it and eventually clean it beforehand (compressed air will work)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be careful because sometimes the seat of the screw is full of debris, so when you try to turn it you will damage the screw (it is a plastic one).
Check it and eventually clean it beforehand (compressed air will work)
Thanks for that useful tip - I will check first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts