Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am new here and seek advice before I waste a lot of time on what may be a simple problem.
The car is not used much but is reliable and looked after, I took it out today and all seemed fine but after 5 miles or so the oil pressure started dropping from 20 down to 0 over about 15 minutes of cruising. Warning light did not come on. Engine running fine with plenty of revs and pulling power, obviously pressure was there as when turning off the needle still has a good way to drop.
Oil and filter changed 3 months ago, no oil loss at all
Suggestions as to what this might be??
Geoff

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Most likely a faulty sensor?

Hello
I am new here and seek advice before I waste a lot of time on what may be a simple problem.
The car is not used much but is reliable and looked after, I took it out today and all seemed fine but after 5 miles or so the oil pressure started dropping from 20 down to 0 over about 15 minutes of cruising. Warning light did not come on. Engine running fine with plenty of revs and pulling power, obviously pressure was there as when turning off the needle still has a good way to drop.
Oil and filter changed 3 months ago, no oil loss at all
Suggestions as to what this might be??
Geoff

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
My original gauge did that so I replaced the sensor and although it's better I don't consider it to be very accurate, as long as your oil light behaves as it should its not something to worry about - you can buy tester kits for £15

1 - 5 of 5 Posts