Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Stromboli Grey Giulia Veloce. I noticed that the fuel flap doesn't sit flush with the rest of the surrounding bodywork. I did a bit of a search on here and it does look like it's been a bit of an issue. Anyway, a fuel flap has been ordered and is going to be painted before I book the car in to change it. I will want to check the colour match before fitting though!

Wondered how many others have had to go through this process...

·
Registered
32,197 Posts
Hi all,

I have a Stromboli Grey Giulia Veloce. I noticed that the fuel flap doesn't sit flush with the rest of the surrounding bodywork. I did a bit of a search on here and it does look like it's been a bit of an issue. Anyway, a fuel flap has been ordered and is going to be painted before I book the car in to change it. I will want to check the colour match before fitting though!

Wondered how many others have had to go through this process...
I may well have to mention this at the first service next month. Luckily it’s on the passenger side so I don’t see it regularly but I suspect it’s a little bit out. I imagine Stromboli needs to be sprayed in the right direction like the silver a friend showed me on the resprayed Eunos MX5 he’s restoring. He had to experiment with a flat piece of material to work out the orientation of spray which matched.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had mine replaced on my missano blue at the beginning of this year ok during the summer but I can see its starting to pop out a little

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. It won't be going on the car unless it's spot on. A mis-matched colour will stand out worse than a fuel flap that isn't quite flush!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year is your car. I thought this issue had been sorted.
It's a 2017 model so may have been the last of a dodgy batch!

·
Registered
32,197 Posts
I suspect the only way to really fix this issue is with a flange around the outside , making it like a very shallow tray rather than a simple plate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine is Nov 2018 misano blue and it doesn’t sit flush. I’ll mention to l local dealer soon (not Thames where I got from though as they are useless).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had mine in for service a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned that they change shape as the weather changes. Mine has always been fine but popped out to the car just now and it was not sitting flush. First time I have noticed it. I thought it was open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had the same on my March'17 Speciale and had it replaced under warranty at the first service; its replacement has done the same but to a much lesser degree.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Had the same on my March'17 Speciale and had it replaced under warranty at the first service; its replacement has done the same but to a much lesser degree.
That's the point, is it worth bothering getting it done until we know the issue has been resolved?

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 2019 Quadrifoglio has not suffered this as yet (touch wood) and we've had some pretty cold temperatures - especially yesterday morning. My 2017 Stelvio suffered the deforming fuel flap when the temperature dropped and stayed like that throughout the late autumn and winter months.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
+1. Same experience

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine too - but only happened since the weather has gone colder, it will go back to normal shape once the warm weather come back.

·
Registered
32,197 Posts
I really don’t think it’s worth taking the placebo of a new identical fuel flap as there doesn’t seem to be an improved part. Perhaps a carbonfibre bonded skin on the back surface would work, as long as it’s done at the right ambient temperature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my fuel flap changed twice and it has started to distort again. Car is under warranty for another 3 months but I won't go back to the local dealer to get it fixed - I've pretty much given up on them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts