Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've noticed that one of my key fobs is missing its key blade (that clips inside). Is this a major issue or can I get another key cut? The fob works and allows me to start the car etc...

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,221 Posts
Hi all,

I've noticed that one of my key fobs is missing its key blade (that clips inside). Is this a major issue or can I get another key cut? The fob works and allows me to start the car etc...
The metal key is useful really only when you want to lock the car without setting the alarm. In two years I've used mine each time I've had the car on a cross channel ferry, but never otherwise.

I suppose it might be useful also if the battery went flat with the car locked.

Just make sure you don't lose the one you have and keep a note of the key's number. I doubt if you could get a key of this type cut. I'd hope AR could supply you with a replacement, at a price.

Andy

·
Registered
319 Posts
When I first had my Giulia and the alarm kept going off, I went to Timpsons and had a spare key cut that I could keep on my key ring without the need to keep opening the fob with the potential to loose the original key as it can not be placed on a key ring by itself.
It cost £10 and just looks like a regular old fashioned car key. I don’t need it now (I had the sensor in the ceiling replacement fix) so it’s kept with the spare.
But if you need one, a spare can be cut for you.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,221 Posts
When I first had my Giulia and the alarm kept going off, I went to Timpsons and had a spare key cut that I could keep on my key ring without the need to keep opening the fob with the potential to loose the original key as it can not be placed on a key ring by itself.
It cost £10 and just looks like a regular old fashioned car key. I don’t need it now (I had the sensor in the ceiling replacement fix) so it’s kept with the spare.
But if you need one, a spare can be cut for you.
I found a cheaper solution. I drilled a hole in the key so I could transfer it to a key ring at times I was needing to use it.

Andy

Reactions: Cybrnite

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not a major issue. In fact, Giulias come with only one blade delivered as standard for some markets.

Wysłane z mojego SM-A605FN przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The supplying dealer is having another blade cut and sent to me FOC so that's good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts