Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I was searching but could not find any similar thread to my issue so:

I have bought my new Giulia from the USA marketplace. And since I am currently in Europe I don't have adequate maps for Europe.
I was wondering is there any way I can update my Nav System on Europe maps?

Thanks, everybody.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
It is not simple. You will need to get your car converted to EU region, which entails changing region on the bodycomputer and some wiring modifications.
Then you would probably need to buy a 3 year map update subscription, but not sure if your VIN would be acceptable.
See also
nafta eu

There are som emore posts in that thread, can't find them right away, have a search ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Converting through the bodycomputer is okay I could do that. What do you mean by wiring modifications?
Also, a subscription to Mopar is not a problem. I would do that also.

I will check more and try to find as much as possible infos. Let's keep thread open and see how it goes :)
Thank jwq ;)

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Converting through the bodycomputer is okay I could do that. What do you mean by wiring modifications?
Also, a subscription to Mopar is not a problem. I would do that also.

I will check more and try to find as much as possible infos. Let's keep thread open and see how it goes :)
Thank jwq ;)
See also : (use google translate ;) )
differences

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Okay so, baby has arrived. Car is just amazing.
280HP on RWD is such fun to drive.

so everythingis programmed for EU on the car. Radio etc. Everything works fine.
One think I am missing that I used to on my last giulia is when i pull + shifter car engages from N to D. So I dont know is that possible to enable here.

And only Navi left. What should I do next? Write directly to MOPAR or try with a dealer?

also car is 1st gen system 002.009.055

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
As you mentioned, with European cars if you pull + and - padles at same time, car should move to neutral. Pulling + padle back to drive.
However, apparently this is not available in NAFTA cars, something to do with regulations.
Don't think there is an easy way to enable this on NAFTA cars (many people wouldlike that ;) ), however, could be wrong.....
Logical would be for it to be enabled if you change country setting to a European country, but apparently that didn't do it for your car.....

re navi, I would check first with a dealer to see if they can enable the map subscription for your car. If possible, this will cost approx 120 euro for a 3 year subscription though. It's just an online administrative setting for the dealer. It's based on VIN, so I would assume it will pop up if not possible

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank for reply jwq. Maybe in future we will figure out how to enable padles to shift in D. What about europe maps anyone ever tried to upload them on USA car?

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,153 Posts
IIRC there is a country setting under BCM or Proxi configuration which I saw via MultiECUScan. Changing this may enable the paddle trick. It could also be that the USA cars have different gearbox software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts