Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what engine could I put into my Giulia base model to boost up the hp or should I just do a twin turbo build

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I vote for the 2.9 V6 bi turbo? That would be novel in a Giulia. :) ;)

·
Registered
887 Posts
small mods od turbocharged engine = cheap, in US you start from 280HP version so factory tunned already - not that much room to play without hardware modifications. bigger turbine/more open exhaust/better intake paths/filters/biggger intercooler/custom tune - still in acceptable price range I guess.
swaps nowadays, with engines, gearboxes full of electorcnis/sensors become much harder to swap - in such case better to trade one you have and buy stock powerfull version.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Weld up the doors, take out the glass and put a confederate flag on the roof. 400 hp extra right there.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Whack on the turbo from the Veloce. 280hp and 400Nm should be enough for a little while.
The base model in the USA has 280hp already and the same turbo. I don't see the point of the post from the OP.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The base model in the USA has 280hp already and the same turbo. I don't see the point of the post from the OP.
That I didn’t know. I thought when he mentioned ‘base’ he was talking about the 200hp version. My thoughts are the Veloce is quick enough. She’s no 4C but handsomely brisk. If he still wants more performance get an ecu tune....Then again, does he actually own a Giulia in the first place? How about he introduce himself and post a photo if it’s not too much trouble?

·
Registered
887 Posts
That I didn’t know. I thought when he mentioned ‘base’ he was talking about the 200hp version. My thoughts are the Veloce is quick enough. She’s no 4C but handsomely brisk. If he still wants more performance get an ecu tune....Then again, does he actually own a Giulia in the first place? How about he introduce himself and post a photo if it’s not too much trouble?
obviously 280HP and maybe 4 pots are not enough for OP. in such case he bought wrong car then (shoudl buy Q version), swaps nowadays are not easy because of electronics. enough that gearbox has its limiters and will restrict engine power. I read somewhere AT8 is set to 499Nm in our 2.0s & 2.2 engines with savere additional torque limitations on 1st and 2nd gear.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
There are a lot of spams and strange one time posts on the USA forum. Seems to be migrating here.

·
Vendor
45,437 Posts
Chevy LSX454. 627hp, almost 600lbft torque. Will make your Giulia shift!

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are a lot of spams and strange one time posts on the USA forum. Seems to be migrating here.
Yep, I’m continually deleting and banning one-off stuff like that over on 4C Forums if I don’t get a suitable ‘Conversations’ response. Then there are the obvious spammers...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts