Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

In the danger of sounding a bit stupid, was the Mito a Giulia design? Just curious to know.

Cheers,

·
Registered
841 Posts
I take it you mean Giorgetto Giugiaro who designed the 159? (brilliant though it all harks back to wlater de silvas 156 IMHO - go im a nerd! :) )
In which case no it is not. The actual bodyshell was designed by an Argentinian, Juan Manuel Diaz who took his inspiration from the 8C based on an affordable car that everyone could own. Centre stile finished the job but its basically down to him.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I take it you mean Giorgetto Giugiaro who designed the 159? (brilliant though it all harks back to wlater de silvas 156 IMHO - go im a nerd! :) )
In which case no it is not. The actual bodyshell was designed by an Argentinian, Juan Manuel Diaz who took his inspiration from the 8C based on an affordable car that everyone could own. Centre stile finished the job but its basically down to him.
Yup the guy who designed Breara etc is what i meant haha :thumbs:. So if Giorgetto Giugiaro designed the 159/brera/spider range which are all stunning cars, why would they ship in an Argentinian to design the mito? Although I do like the Mito looks, i cant help but feel that Giorgetto Giugiaro would have done a much better job ;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
And giugiaro aint cheap either :)
The 8c and Mito will be the new family Alfa look apparently - all that design language nonsense so better get used to it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And giugiaro aint cheap either :)
The 8c and Mito will be the new family Alfa look apparently - all that design language nonsense so better get used to it.
So if the 8c was a Giugiaro design and the Mito is based on the 8c, surely it would make sense for the designer of the 8c to be designing the Mito? :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts