Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yipee! the 280 bhp will do me. Coupes are all about looks anyway, aren't they?

Not getting too excited though as Autocar have been wheeling this rumour out on a regular basis for the last year.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yipee! the 280 bhp will do me. Coupes are all about looks anyway, aren't they?

Not getting too excited though as Autocar have been wheeling this rumour out on a regular basis for the last year.
Yes they tend to be a bit speculative. However, they were right about the RWD platform and there are increasing noises about this coupe and the "sister" Maserati.

From next month the Modena Maserati factory will only have the 4C to make. This is rumoured to be built there alongside the Maser "Alfieri" version

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
The RWD thing was shown in the Skunkworks PowerPoint before Autocar speculated. Complete with the image of the 3series they reverse-engineered. The colour change exercises shown at recent shows such as Geneva and New York hardly show a lot of investment going on in product and the Italian design houses that used to share the risk of coupes now belong to VW or the Chinese.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The colour change exercises shown at recent shows such as Geneva and New York hardly show a lot of investment going on in product
The real development cost is in the vehicle platform and a flexible manufacturing infrastructure - which has already been spent. It's pretty easy these days to make different shaped versions of the same basic car - which is why manufacturers who offered 4 or 5 body styles 20 years ago (BMW) now have almost 30 distinct body shells. The numbers for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda are ridiculous.

I hope there's a Giulia coupe available in a couple of years when I'm due for a change. But I won't count on it.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
June 1st, Balocco. Thats when we will find out for definite

·
Registered
179 Posts
The hybrid driveline is most interesting to me. I don´t think it is possible for me to chose another petrol car next time I'm up for a new car. So a release of a hybrid in a year or two will be perfect in time for me! Otherwise I think it will be hard for me to keep driving Alfa as a company car. This is due to regulations here in Sweden.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
mmmm. Sounds nice.

So what would be their strategy here ...?

Launch a niche product to compensate for lacklustre sales of the current models?

They should spend more money on proper sales, better marketing, amazing guarantees/service packs and finding a way to improve the owner experience.

(If they'd hidden the doorhandles on the Giulia they wouldn't need a coupe. :p)

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Sergio Snakeoil could get the front doorhandles done in carbon fibre and the back ones in body colour?
That wouldn't take too much investment and fit in with the current policy I've experienced at Geneva; the move to Jeep within FCA.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Hidden doorhandles - nooooo!!!
Why do we need hidden door handles? I can just imagine all those Range Rover ones not working after 6 months. Just seems like something done for the sake of it and something to go wrong and cause a big headache.

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
I was walking past a Citroen DS4 yesterday with originally-shiny Giulietta-style handles and they looked terrible after a couple of years. Plus the window on the back door of the DS4 doesn't even wind down. The Fiat ones have been on the Fiat Coupe , Lancia Y, Alfas 156 and Giulietta so they're pretty proven. The stick buttons on the optional Giulia handles will probably be fixed soon...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hidden doorhandles - nooooo!!!
Why do we need hidden door handles? I can just imagine all those Range Rover ones not working after 6 months. Just seems like something done for the sake of it and something to go wrong and cause a big headache.
its not real

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Not sure why they picked an M4 which is limited to 200 examples and has scaffolding in the back as its "potential direct competition" but cited the normal versions of the AMG and RS.

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Whatever sells a couple of magazines! You've got to fund the habit somehow.
They were simply reminded of Alfa when they had to write up the Giulia long term test.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts