Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip to the US and though people might like to see these photos of the Giulia from the Philadelphia Auto Show earlier this month. Hope it doesn't put anyone off their lunch; it really is somehow both bland and hideous at the same time. They were telling people it would be available this year, and handing out a nice brochure. I also took a couple of snaps of the Mazda 124.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just got back from a trip to the US and though people might like to see these photos of the Giulia from the Philadelphia Auto Show earlier this month. Hope it doesn't put anyone off their lunch; it really is somehow both bland and hideous at the same time. They were telling people it would be available this year, and handing out a nice brochure. I also took a couple of snaps of the Mazda 124.
Stunning car. The Alfa, that is.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,505 Posts
What no fog lights? :ermm:

Thanks for the pics, btw :biglaugh:
Thats a relief, it'll stop people driving around with them constantly switched on. They should be made illegal on all cars.

Reactions: Firstcaralfa

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thats a relief, it'll stop people driving around with them constantly switched on. They should be made illegal on all cars.
Totally agree! Or at least somehow made to work ONLY when it's foggy or in HEAVY rain!

And while we're at it, ban those pesky daylight running LEDs that some people rely on, and cos they have them on at dusk, forget to turn their proper lights on :furious:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Totally agree! Or at least somehow made to work ONLY when it's foggy or in HEAVY rain!

And while we're at it, ban those pesky daylight running LEDs that some people rely on, and cos they have them on at dusk, forget to turn their proper lights on :furious:
Yes ... I've noticed that... bloody annoying .

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

..guys it's 2016. Cars have running lights in daylight to show that they're active.. get over it..!! :biglaugh:

The Giulia probably isn't going to be the prettiest alfa of all time, but i reckon it'll still look good in the flesh :)

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I was really hoping it would look better in the flesh, and it does, but it's still an ugly and oddly-proportioned thing. Like someone described a 3 series over the phone. Though that doesn't explain the Ford Edsel front end. Ah well, some of the detailing is nice, eg the "alfa romeo" script on the lights which could have been tacky but actually looks quite classy. And that blue colour is stunning. So there's that.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I saw the Giulia at the DC Auto Show. Personally I think it's a beautiful car, even if you can see a bit of BMW in the proportion. Regardless, it stood head and shoulders above plenty other cars. I think they got the look right for the market positioning of the car. BUT it was tucked away, there were no brochures, no video of the car in action on a video wall, you couldn't sit in it... the worst being - for an Alfista - the car was right in front of me, and I couldn't do a damn thing to hear the engine. Honestly, it really felt like the car shown was one of the prototypes.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I saw the Giulia at the DC Auto Show. Personally I think it's a beautiful car, even if you can see a bit of BMW in the proportion. Regardless, it stood head and shoulders above plenty other cars. I think they got the look right for the market positioning of the car. BUT it was tucked away, there were no brochures, no video of the car in action on a video wall, you couldn't sit in it... the worst being - for an Alfista - the car was right in front of me, and I couldn't do a damn thing to hear the engine. Honestly, it really felt like the car shown was one of the prototypes.
The Giulia at the Washington DC Auto Show.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts