Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My project car is a 1974 giulia with a few modifications.. The most important one being the 2.4 jtd engine.

I've had some problems with the boostcontrolled variable turbo's so in the end i choose to fit a kkk k14 conventional wastegate turbo from a Mercedes om606 177 bhp engine. It will probably spool slower but i don't really care.

The car has a big intercooler fitted and an open air filter with cold air feed. Exhaust is completely open 2.5".

Engine was the 136bhp version but I've got an 140bhp version to go in now. So the bigger injectors are already in place.

Now i'm looking at what i can do to improve performance. I need to get it mapped anyway but would like to get as much out of it as possible.

I have a 0280006051 4 bar map sensor lying around. That would help i guess.

But how about fitting a bmw 530d r70 hp-pump? Those pumps are easy enough to find. I would need to get me a new rail pressure sensor then?

I have no real limitations to care for. My driveline is pretty stout with a smf and strong clutch. Gearbox,driveshaft and rear diff should handle it.

What i would really like is to move up the powerband a bit and make the engine pull harder higher up the revrange. To get more of a petrolengine-esque feeling i guess. The current engine felt dead after 3k although it pulled hard below that.

If you have any tips/tricks i love to hear them.

Greetings Remco 
DSC_0165.JPG

·
Registered
JTD 8v Stage1+
272 Posts
Lol, incredible projet man, congrats. So mismerizing to see that JTD inside the Giulia :)

Well 2.4 10v 140 CF3 with original turbo can do 200ps/400Nm straight with software only. Check your K14 potential vs ori 2256v. It could be your start point. Ori gearbox can do 500-600nm without abuse with good remap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend made 277bhp and 630nm with his k14 on an 3.0 24v om606 engine . Not very efficiënt anymore i think. But i'll have to work with it for now.

Original gearbox is of no use for me,fwd gearbox is no good for rwd. If i kill my current gearbox i'm going to go with a 6 speed bmw gearbox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts