Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Giulia 2.2jtdm poor fuel consumption.

2561 22
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced poor fuel consumption for an excessive period of time as it’s now only achieving 42mpg driving normally?!! Driving like my life depends on it gets me 46-47mpg.. Driving in that style would get me 54mpg in my remapped giulietta 1.4 sportiva! ( I drive on a motorway very early in the morning with no traffic, and my Journey home has very little traffic) so my question is, is this normal?!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
717 Posts
Advice taken. :) Quite happy with the AHM remap. Just done a short trip, and I got a 60mpg average. Never got more than 45mpg before so well happy with that. Car has got some decent performance as well without hardware upgrades. Will now research those and do them when money improves. :D

View attachment 984478
I wouldn't pay much attention to the mpg figure from the car computer as this can be confused by the remap settings. You'll get a lot more accurate figure by calculating the actual mileage covered over a brim to brim tank full.

· Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
11,057 Posts
Definitely. Both my remap and my tuning box (on a 159) made the cars MPG reading massively over optimistic. As said do an tank top to tank top measurement to be sure. If your car makes more power and you use is it will use more fuel....cant beat physics.... you will use the same or possible VERY slightly less if you drive the same as you did before the remap....but what's the point of that?? Never seen good evidence of a remap causing a significant mpg improvement...Why would it?....nothing mechanical has changed. Mine was pretty much the same mpg before and after the tuning with normal driving.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts