Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm, an '07 model and I've noticed that one of the designed by badges' is peeling at one end.
Would super glue suffice or is something a little more professional required?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Personally I would not be using super glue because, I suspect, it would bond too tenaciously to the paint. . Personally if you really want the badge and it is nothing special, then I suspect that a new badge would be a better option.
supposedly 3M make a an Emblem Glue but never seen it and it would not be east getting any glue behind a partially fixed badge and also cleaning the area to be glued.

Someones comments http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071216210126AAKrXtA
First off, you can get the emblem adhesive at most any auto parts store. Just go to the adhesives isle, or ask one of the employees.

The main concern that you are going to have to ensure a good bond, is to have good prep work.

Make sure that the area that is to be bonded on both surfaces are clean and free of dirt and debris. I always swab the area and where I need to put the emblem back on to, with a little isopropl alcohol after I clean it to dry the suface, and take away any remaining grime.

Put a uniform coat of the adhesive on the emblem, stick it in place, and hold it there for about a minute. You can tell if it is sticking, by letting up a little on the tension, and seeing if it will stick, or if it is trying to release.

After you get it to stick, I would not drive the car for 30 minutes or so, to allow the bond to have a good start on setting.

Most cure to 100% in about 24 hours.

You will have about five minutes to wipe off the excess adhesive that flows out as you compress the emblem to the vehicle. I use a damp cloth. It works just fine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Blew mine off with the pressure washer once but I just dried it and stuck it back on and it's stayed there ever since. I always check now especially if I use the local hand wash because their pressure washers are quite powerfull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts