Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they go together ???? My g/f hasn't got a clue why i love my alfa even after she went through 3 scratty peugeot 206 cc convertables in 6 months and lost over 4k ??????? she wont get in my car because it scares her lol and i havn't even let it loose yet in 3 weeks of owning it

·
Registered
170 Posts
haha course they do

when i got mine she didnt understand why (she was used to big german motorway cursers), but on a recent trip to switzerland she had a play with it on the autobahns and some twisty mountan passes, now shes thinking of a 3.2 Brera... fingers crossed haha!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Mine has become more tolerant of the 156, but she still whinges that it costs me too much money.

At this point I politely remind her that so does she, and she shuts up :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Mine has become more tolerant of the 156, but she still whinges that it costs me too much money.

At this point I politely remind her that so does she, and she shuts up :)
But I bet she doesn't actually shut up though :p ... my wife hates my 156, she says it's too unconfortable ... obviously it's not the way I drive :HALO:

G

·
Wifey is not amused by my 'obsession' but the non-driving bint never refuses a lift anywhere!! :rolleyes: & has been known to stick head out of the window to appreciate the sound of the BMC CDA :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
My wife hates my 156. She doesn't like the Selespeed, the leather or the 'noisy' engine. Both of those dis-likes fade into insignificance compared to her hatred of the off-center front number plate though. :eek:

Then again I'm quite vocal about my feelings about her overated, plasticky, leaky, slow and cramped BMW convertible of the same vintage. Oh the fun we have discussing which car to go out in on a weekend....:rolleyes:

G

·
GF loves the style and wafting about in the 147 but she wouldn't want it. We discussed getting rid of her Polo, her having the 147 and me getting a 156/ 159 SW but she said the Alfa is too quiet at high speed and too easy to get caught speeding. She also doesn't like the poor visibility out the back and the enormous turning circle compared to her Polo.

I do like watching her out of the corner of my eye, watching her jolt back into her seat when I boot it in 2nd and 3rd!

·
Registered
297 Posts
My ex was very fond of my car, she absolutely loved it. The only thing she didn't like was that she there wasn't a lot of space inside to 'move around' :D But well - seems like cars is not the only important thing in a relation *g*

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
... to her hatred of the off-center front number plate though. :eek:
Have to say I agree with her on that point ... ALL alfa's look SO much better without a front numberplate (as you see them on "press launch day")

·
Registered
51 Posts
As I traded a Ducati & her Clio in for a GTV she is quite happy. (gave her the family car:cool: ) She can't understand the need to clean it each week as we live in a village, but she did get me an electronic polisher for Xmas so she is getting there.

G

·
mine thinks its a nice car but wont drive it:) (suits me fine). but cant convince her to get rid of ****ie megane and get a 147:(

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
'er indoors hates my GTV.............. not comfortable, no suspension, get's thrown around on the corners......... Ho Hum.

won't drive it.......... Result !!!!!

........... and she drives a mini ?????? :lol: :cheese: :lol: :cheese: :lol:

Cheers to All
Peter

·
AO Gold Member, GTV/Spider Lounge Winner 09
9,245 Posts
ummm..my bloke is 6ft2 so..err...spideys a bit small for ..err..ummm...stuff :lol:

plus he thinks im going to polish it away....tho he does like my overalls.....;)

G

·
My hubbie likes my car for sure. He likes Alfas as well, which is why he bought one himself.

However :eek: he does not share my love of the forum and ALL things Alfa (the T-shirts, the jumpers, the flags, the bags, the scarves, the brolly.......etc. etc.) :lol:

Although, funnily enough, the Alfa overalls are a big hit :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.