Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast out last night and came up behind a Subaru Impreza something or other between Todmorden and Rochdale, there are some fantastic sweeping uphill sections over the Pennine hills and I knew straight away when his passenger turned around to have a look that it was GAME ON.

We both got up behind another slower moving car and he booted it and I followed it was immediately apparent that I was actually gaining ground.

I really wish he hadn't debadged it though as I'd have loved to have known what I was up against although it looked like a WRX from the styling.

Entering a fast left hand bend I had a girlfriend intervention moment though and had to back off :( I had a serious mental battle at that point as to whether I should just ignore her and press on with the chase or back off as she was screaming a bit, but I backed off and the Scooby disapeared off up the hill.

How would you have handled it?

Girlf is still talking to me ;)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
This is where the lovely Alfa instrument cowels come into play.

"How fast are we going? I can't see the speedo."
"45 love"

:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
You did entirely the right thing. It's your choice how you drive with only you in the car but we have to consider our passengers. (plus you will still have a chance of scoring tonight! :thumbs: )

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts
My girlfriend doesn't like me driving fast either..

"I wish you wouldn't drive so bloomin' fast!"

:rolleyes: :lol:

I think a GTA will gain on a scoobie when already at high speed, its just off the line the scoob will pull away..

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A guy I work with says he just bought WRX STi and it's 400 bhp, not sure how much stead to put in that statement as he said he had also had a Golf 4Motion that was 265 bhp, he doesn't come across as someone who knows that much about cars but likes quoting big numbers...

Wikipeadia article on the Impreza says that if what he says is accurate then it's obviously had some fettling as the only cars that get anywhere near that are things like the Litchfield Type-25

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oddly she said she wouldn't have been that bothered on a track but because it's on nrmal roads she gets herself worked up about crashing into other cars :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts
A guy I work with says he just bought WRX STi and it's 400 bhp, not sure how much stead to put in that statement as he said he had also had a Golf 4Motion that was 265 bhp, he doesn't come across as someone who knows that much about cars but likes quoting big numbers...

Wikipeadia article on the Impreza says that if what he says is accurate then it's obviously had some fettling as the only cars that get anywhere near that are things like the Litchfield Type-25
I don't think there would be many cars that'd stand up to a 400bhp scoobie, besides a 400bhp Evo.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
not worth killing yourself to show up a scooby

invite him to a drag race at a track and your gf can wave bye to him out the back window ;)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Agree with Mitch, you have to exercise constraint/ensure passengers are reasonably happy with the way you are driving...

The scooby driver is probably on his forum boosting that he raced and beat an Alfa :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
If my Mrs had been in the car she'd have been screaming as well :rolleyes:

"GET HIM GET HIM" :mad: :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Your Mrs is my kind of Mrs (!)

Would that my driving skills were up to the task.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts