Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend hit a pot hole on Friday which, as you can see wasn't your average rut in the road. I'm so annoyed as the wheels on the car were mint but this rim has actually cracked as well as deforming.

Any idea where I can get a cheap replacement Supersport alloy. I have been offered a rim only for £135 delivered in Fleabay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
have you looked on ebay? I'm sure someone mentioned there being lots of supersports on there, you might be lucky and find one being sold on it's own.

That must have been a hell of a pot hole!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
How's the suspension?? That's a hard hit :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard luck mate. Pretty sure these are just about £145 from a dealer, so thats a crap price for ebay really.
It's £120 plus £15 delivered brand new from an Alfa dealer who uses Ebay. No point in checking with a stealers then if they are £145.

How's the suspension?? That's a hard hit
I've not driven it since but she hasn't reported any issues. I am concerned though and will be pursuing the council for a new wheel, tyre and full geometry check.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It's not a good idea to just get any alloy rim, when my dad did the same years ago he was told that if he didn't get another wheel from the same run it would be different to all the others. Maybe it's a peculiarity of OZ Alloys but his had a casting run code on the inside of the rim, your supposed to replace damaged ones with ones from the same casting run. so they have the same metallic consistancy and weight and characteristics.

I'd check with your local Alfa Dealer if I were you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not a good idea to just get any alloy rim, when my dad did the same years ago he was told that if he didn't get another wheel from the same run it would be different to all the others. Maybe it's a peculiarity of OZ Alloys but his had a casting run code on the inside of the rim, your supposed to replace damaged ones with ones from the same casting run. so they have the same metallic consistancy and weight and characteristics.

I'd check with your local Alfa Dealer if I were you.
I can understand the logic but sounds a little ott.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'd also suggest getting the wheel bearing and wishbones on that side looked at as I kerbed one of my old cars doing about 50 about 9 years ago, it didn't damage the alloy (oddly) but the wishbones were bent and the wheel bearing was screwed.

:(

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
38,245 Posts
I hope you took a photo of the offending hole and sent a claim to the council?

I would love to upgrade the wheels on my car by the road to my work has more holes than a Bangkok Brothel and I don't think they would last very long. :-(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
btw, if you do a search of the forum for 'pothole' I posted a link to a website that has useful information about how to claim against the council for exactly this sort of thing.

:)

EDIT: This is it http://www.potholes.co.uk/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts