Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I thought this was planned all along, for both Jeep and several Maserati's, which is why I was surprised when it briefly looked like FCA wasn't going to continue with Giorgio.

Given the standard of the larger PSA cars like the new DS7, I think it wouldn't hurt if the future FCA-PSA Group made even more use of Giorgio. Unlike PSAs smaller platforms which seem considerably better than Fiat's ancient SCCS platform, PSAs larger platform doesn't seem the best.

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s why I said “finally”. The muscle cars were supposed to be Giorgio-based by now.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Let's face it, there were meant to be about half a dozen new Alfa's giving several hundred thousand sales a year by now too, but that's not exactly gone to plan either.

I'm just grateful we're finally seeing a few new models across FCA (500e, Grand Cherokee, new Maser) after a couple of years of very little.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Current Giorgio will be discontinued shortly in Europe, to be replaced by modified Giorgio to facilitate hybrid versions and new I6 with 525 bhp to replace Ferrari engine. I6 being developed in the US, primarily for Big Trucks/muscle cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts