Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
ScottyF on the 156 lounge have done an LPG conversion on his 1.8 156 and he is very happy with the outcome. Close to the same power as petrol, but WAY cheaper to run.

I did not pick up through his thread that he changed spark plugs for the change over... could ask him.... But... we don't have LPG at garage fore courts, so don't think it's a great idea in SA... Mind you I've seen a taxi promoting that it is running on LPG...

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It used to be very easy to get it in CT and a few years back there was a big drive t oconvert, but I see that has not been fruitful.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I know people do this quite a lot in Europe. Apparently most 90's and 2000's Alfas take well to it, except some of the JTS engines. There are threads on this forum about it.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Especially Busso and TS engines love lpg conversions. These plugs are for use on those engines only. Not for normal petrol operation which means they may be susceptible to carbon fouling in normal fuel. Just my guess though. Surface discharge plugs were first used in Nord engines with the Golden Lodge 2HL plugs. I used them on occasion in my 159i but they didn't last longer than the 20000km they suggested at the time, probably due to it not having platinum electrodes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts