Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While tidying out my loft recently I came across an old copy of "The Observers book of Automobiles" from my youth. Looking through the Alfa Romeo section there was something called a Giardenetta which is basically an Alfasud estate. The book dates to about 1976-77. Just wondered if anyone owns or has seen one of these around. No offence to any owners but IMHO its not the nicest looking car Alfa have made. ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
We never had those officially in the UK. I think one of our South African members has one (yellow i believe). Being a 3 door small estate there is some unfortunate resemblance to the Allegro. :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being a 3 door small estate there is some unfortunate resemblance to the Allegro.
Yes I thought so too. Somewhere between an Allegro estate and a small hearse. :eek:
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

Cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can check her out in the AO Garage:
Thanks for the info, I stand corrected, it actually looks quite a charming little beast in that photo :) .
All I can say is the photo in the book is taken from a different angle and does not do it justice. Just a lttle bit too much like an Allegro estate for comfort :eek:

Cheers

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
It sure is a funny looking thing :rolleyes: ;)

There is a thread with more photos somewhere in here :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
selespeed said:
Eric Metz from South Africa has one.
Thats the fella. :)

Some more Giardinetta pics (I quite like it) :cool:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Yellow suites it good... the green and rust color ones are.... errr.... not so good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

G

·
:) There was a gold coloured one of these at Spring Alfa day a while ago ..............Cricket St Thomas of all places so it must have been the early 90's :eek:
:eek: A couple more lived near me in Chandlers Ford,one was white and there was another who's colour escapes me :rolleyes:

:cool: So that's at least 3 in the UK,whether or not they still exist is another matter of course ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is at least one in Melbourne! Have seen it several times and think it is still owned by a local AROCA member (also with a 156 and 33) There was an extortionately priced example with a 1.7 (16V?) fitted and heavily modified up in Queensland for sale a few years ago. :cool:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's Monstrous!
I don't know if I'd go that far but it certainly seems to depend on the photo angle and colour. I thought the yellow one looked OK from the side but the other ones are not quite so ...erm... aesthetically pleasing. ;)

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts