Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi ive bought an 06 registered Alfa 156 1.9 jtd multijet is it the only one?.They stopped making them in 05 it was first reg On 30 06 2006.the pre delivery was in Ireland! Ive bought it directly off the one lady owner any ideas what happened in the time between production and sale. Im still over the moon its 58k mint condition needed a camshaft sensor at £35.I drove it back to Brighton today from Newcastle and obtained 57.7 mpg.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Happens alot

Just because production finished in 05 doesn't mean it was registered the same year.
If it was sat on a dealer forecourt for a few monthes before sale it would explain it

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Certificato of conformita is 20/07/2004 destined for mexico then pre delivery service by Fiat auto Ireland Turnpike rd first registered in Newcastle 06/06

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I think Lyles in Newcastle used to sell cars registered in Ireland.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My info suggests its been cleaned and polished on a forecourt for longer than an 8c before sale.It makes no sense hence my post.Yes its from Lyles.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Certificato of conformita is 20/07/2004 destined for mexico then pre delivery service by Fiat auto Ireland Turnpike rd first registered in Newcastle 06/06
Some cars do have a chequered early history. Mine was manufactured in September 2002 but first registered in May 2004.
I believe it was in the ill fated shipment to Australia which suffered from a fire in the ship's hold leading to the Australian distributer refusing to accept them.
The oversize drivers wing mirror to meet Australian requirements marks it out.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite possibly but unlikely also not declared used overseas, After 6 months of ownership Nov 06 had covered 3100 miles then had its first service at Lyles of Newcastle the supliers.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Quite possibly but unlikely also not declared used overseas, After 6 months of ownership Nov 06 had covered 3100 miles then had its first service at Lyles of Newcastle the supliers.
It was possibly a Lyles demonstrator then. Why not call Lyles and ask them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts