Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the Ghibli for 6 months now, so thought I would let you know how Im getting on with it (for anyone interested lol)

I have covered around 12k miles in that time, and it has been great. I am now fully used to the size of it (coming from a 156 GTA this thing is over a foot wider!). It rides really well especially considering its on 20" alloys.
I have replaced the rear tyres (at 13k miles) and the fronts (at 15k miles) which although expensive weren't toooo bad.

It has had zero issues in that time, though there is a slight hollow rattle from the rear over rough surfaces that sounds a lot like anti roll bar bush related, though when it was getting the tyres fitted they had a good poke around and said it seemed ok. Might poly bush them anyway.

It hasn't used a drop of oil in all that time (it had a service at 12k miles)

Performance wise its great once running, still a little hesitant on set off due to the auto box. The torque makes for effortless cruising, including at high speeds. The acceleration, even into 3 figures is shove in the back stuff

Economy wise its getting slightly better. Pootling around my commute I get around 40mpg and on a run can hit 45 or 46 which is excellent. One niggle is that the mpg is in US mpg and appears to be around 10% out on the trip computer, though I have found out from the sportsmaserati forum that this can now be updated.

I have also scuffed a rear alloy which I will get repaired when I get round to it, and there is a small (10p size) mark on the rear bumper which looks like it has had a steam jet on it too long as it has blistered the paint / plastic a little bit, which is annoying. I am washing it myself now!

All in all very happy with it

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sound in normal mode is a little coarse at low revs but has a satisfying growl as the revs rise.

In sport mode it sounds like a petrol V8, its amazing what they can do with a few baffles!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts