Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads,

My GTA was crashed before I bought it (i had no idea) and the damage showed itself after a narrow miss with a 4WD. Basically had to hit the gutter rather than the 4WD.

So its had a crack in the front bar for most of the time i've had it and due to the low ride height it's gotten worse.

So I decided to get my ghetto drift pig style on and cable tie stitch it:

And here are some gratuitous new 330 and B14 pics:

Thoughts? Personally i kinda like it. It's not concourse but you know it gets driven and driven hard.

Poki

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I like it. Drift style. You'll upset the prim and propers though :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
haha probably already have!

It will be fixed at some stage, just don't have the cash
Which is exactly what it's used for in the drift scene. Cobble it back together for now and sort it out when you have time. Seems just good common sense to me

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Mine got busted in exactly the same place, just like that.

Rockery in my case, and it cost a few quid to fix.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Prim and proper no 2 upset :-(

You can't treat a GTA like that - if you want a drift motor, that's what that jap crap is for.

Joking apart if it makes you happy - then go for

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Just my style! Perfect job. Tie wraps are the most useful "tool" in my arsenal. Got a box full of all different sizes and colours - you can fix pretty much anything with them!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine got busted in exactly the same place, just like that.

Rockery in my case, and it cost a few quid to fix.
Yeah the front bar is somewhat prone to damage. what did it cost you to fix?

I quite like it, not seen it before.
It's pretty common in the Aussie drift scene. There is footage on YT of an S15 where the front is essentially being held together with a few hundred cable ties.

Edit:

Phat Sliggity :: Zipties

Nice bit of cross stitch neat and with some style do they do them in red ?
There were red ties in the pack i had but they were pretty crappy and not Rosso Red. Plus i like the black. Good contrast.

Just my style! Perfect job. Tie wraps are the most useful "tool" in my arsenal. Got a box full of all different sizes and colours - you can fix pretty much anything with them!
Thanks! Yeah Zip ties or Cable ties are a must in my tool box :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good..got the Frankenstien look about it !

Tapatalk from Galaxy S2

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yeah the front bar is somewhat prone to damage. what did it cost you to fix?
Initially, I lashed it up with some boat repair fibreglass on the inside and some touch-up paint on the outside, so not much.

Then I had the front wings replaced a couple of years ago (you could see daylight through one of them) along with a partial re-spray so I had the bodyshop fix the front bumper as part of that job. Not sure what it would cost just for that wee repair on its own.

G

·
I like it, I reckon angle grinder and cutting disc across the bonnet and wings with similar treatment too? It'd be a statement.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That is just amazing. Dont know whether to say its well done, or whether to look away. Its certainly unique.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts