Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nicely re-furbed wheels..well that has lasted all of 3 weeks.

last night when coming home from a lovely day out at Brooklands some hare brained bint in her X5 or some other ridiculous BMW kiddie transportation wagon veers over into the oncoming lane forcing me to take emergency evasive action to avoid losing wing mirror and OS side of the bumper..she appeared to be faffing with her phone. wasn't looking at the road anyway...despite my blaring horn..!

the result is my NS front is now kerbed right through the new paint..didn't get a chance to get the reg so that's another ££ out of my pocket.

if you can't drive it buy something smaller you can drive, like a :censored: skateboard...:furious:

The thing is I don't think car manufacturers are actually taking into account the width of some of the roads in this country and are just building bigger and bigger cars in the name of safety. you wouldn't need such a large crumple zone if you reduced the size of the car hence minimizing the chances of it hitting other cars.

In the hands of someone with no spacial awareness they are downright dangerous...I am sure she hasn't a clue she has even done anything wrong such was her degree of obliviousness to other road users and the size of her vehicle,probably didn't even take her head out of her a**e till she got home.

lets hope I don't have to pay out for a complete re-finish of the wheel again...:depressed:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup.

Dash cam definitely a purchase I need to make..

Get on ebay today and see what looks good.

I want something wired into the ignitiob with front and rear views...any recommendations welcome!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Yup.

Dash cam definitely a purchase I need to make..

Get on ebay today and see what looks good.

I want something wired into the ignition with front and rear views...any recommendations welcome!
TBH I'd get an all singing all dancing one up front (GPS speedo, night vision, all that gumpf..), thena cheapo eBay one and mount it on the back window and wired into the 12V utility line back there...

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Still using the E Prances in her jalopy, which seem to perform pretty well after some months of use?

Like Nev they just sit there permanently at the top of the front and rear screens, but sometimes I do take them down and read off the micro SD's for something to do?? :lol:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sorry to hear this, very lame. It's amazing when you hear that one of the reasons for buying those SUVs is more room when in fact the actual room really isn't any more than an estate. My recent experience with hoods chucking stones at my bella has also pushed me to looking into cameras and I really hate that. We shouldn't have to live in world where you need cameras everywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts