Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering what products to use. Need to get a clay bar- which one?
Was planning on clay, SRP Polish, then wax/sealant.

I have simoniz canurba but maybe I should be using synthetic? Collonite?

Any input appreciated!

Edit- whoops meant to post in detailing- mods please move

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Bilt Hamber auto-clay is lovely stuff to use, only need to use tap water spray as clay lube too so no extra bits needed.

I thought Autoglym SRP was full of fillers, hence better for hand-jobbing than the more traditional polishing compounds... Something like Meguiars 105 and 205 are the usual go-to products for machining...

Also get some IPA/Isopropyl spray/wipes, and give the panels a good spray and wipe down after machine polishing... Will remove any left-over material from the polish and leave a perfectly clean surface ready for your wax/sealant of choice.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bilt Hamber auto-clay is lovely stuff to use, only need to use tap water spray as clay lube too so no extra bits needed.

I thought Autoglym SRP was full of fillers, hence better for hand-jobbing than the more traditional polishing compounds... Something like Meguiars 105 and 205 are the usual go-to products for machining...

Also get some IPA/Isopropyl spray/wipes, and give the panels a good spray and wipe down after machine polishing... Will remove any left-over material from the polish and leave a perfectly clean surface ready for your wax/sealant of choice.
Thanks, any advice on wax/sealant?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Thanks, any advice on wax/sealant?
Not really tbh!

I tend to stick with what I know and like.. So a couple of coats of Fusso Soft99, then some Autoglym HD Wax on top of that...

Plenty of good waxes/sealants out there though, and they'll all perform pretty well so long as your paint is prepped well before application!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm told the SRP will be fine with the DAS-6 pro polisher. So I have gone for Menzerna Power Lock sealant. My plan;

Clean meguiars gold
Dry
Bilt hamber soft clay
SRP
Maserna power lock sealant

Does that sound reasonable?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omg I just washed, rinsed, Clayed and washed again. Dried and it looks bloody amazing! Tomorrow I christen the DAS-6 pro. I may post pics!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
dont forget them pics i am looking forward to this............................ hope you have a before pic as comparison

1 - 7 of 7 Posts