Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Buying an alfa and saw one i really liked all looked ok. Put a £500 deposit on my credit card, nothing was signed. Just did it after the phone. Since then, things have changed and they are wanted to put different wheels on the car because the current ones turned out to have dented rims. They Cant find replacement original wheels and seem set on just putting other alloys on which arnt standard Alfa ones.
I dont want this, 1 because i think they look tacky and 2 because my insurance would rocket with modded wheels on.
I have now pretty much said if they cant get the proper wheels i dont want the car and have now started looking at other alfa's

SO my question is, is there going to be a problem getting my deposit back? I feel as i am not getting what i thought i was buying i should have no problem getting it refunded?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
37,739 Posts
I would have thought that you should get your deposit back ok, after all the car you put the deposit on has been significantly changed.

If they won't play ball, you can always get your card company to do a chargeback, or go down the citizens advice bureau for further advice.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I agree with what symon has said. Normally I see a deposit as you committing to buy the product, however they changed the 'contract' by swapping the wheels. You should most certainly get back your deposit :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I agree with what symon has said. Normally I see a deposit as you committing to buy the product, however they changed the 'contract' by swapping the wheels. You should most certainly get back your deposit :thumbs:
Agreed

What wheels are they ? A fellow Alfisti might help you source them if the car is otherwise what you want :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Can't be difficult to find replacement wheels. Have they heard of ebay!!! Tell them to try mangoletsi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts