Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......in the household regarding Bluetooth pairing of devices. They just don't get it that if the headphones are paired to their phone and you can't the day after pair it with their tablet because it's automatically pairs with your phone when you turn the headphones on.

The use of the programmable Logitech remote that they regularly **** up because they don't point it at the devices and wait for it to turn on multiple devices in turn. Press the Activity button and keep it pointed at the TV, box, dvd player and it'll turn all of them on and select the correct inputs and outputs.

The Amazon Firestick has them all utterly bewildered because it's a second remote that requires you to manually, if your system is on, change from HDMI 1 to HDMi2 via the Logitech remote menu.

I spend far too much time having to go through menus turning all the seperate systems off before explaining how to use the remote, a remote that we've had for many many tiresome years.

As you've probably guessed the rugrats have cocked the system up, handed the Logitech and Amazon remote to Mrs. V and she pressed every button on the remote without the slightest clue as to what she's doing and then handed them to me.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Alternatively this could be a rant about fantastically sophisticated technology where the makers can't be arsed to make it easily usable.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally, I'm sick of the way that today we have so much tech plugged in with so many different remotes and a curious startup order of different tech things and then finding the correct source to simply watch something.

·
Registered
12,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The “upstairs” hoover is the latest casualty, broken wheel.

I got it out of the cupboard and the wheel fell off,

“Oh yes, I forgot about that”:(

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
At the moment in our kitchen/diner we have 1 TV, 1 Apple TV box and 1 Sky Q Mini box.

We have a remote control that comes with the TV and is used only to turn the TV on and adjust the TV volume. We have an Apple TV remote that only does Apple TV (unsurprisingly), and we have a Sky remote for the Mini box. The Sky remote used to be able to control the TV volume but during some point in the last year it "forgot" how to do it and has never been able to remember. The volume levels between watching a program on Sky v Apple TV are way out of whack so if the TV is on volume level 25 for Sky you can't hear a peep, but if you leave it at 25 and switch to Apple TV it's like the Who at The Valley.

Obviously those 3 remotes are never in one place so I spend many happy hours over the course of a week looking under sofa cushions, under magazines, in the dog bed (he loves a chew on a remote) trying to find one of the 3 when I want to watch something.

It's the same story in the lounge.

The study should be simpler as there's no Sky box - but that' been replaced by a PS4 so instead of multiple remotes we have remotes AND handsets to fiddle with.

One day I will take the time to setup Alexa to do it all - but then I will just find out that I have an incompatible telly or that Apple and Amazon won't share formats.... or if they do I will have conversations that go "Alexa, turn on the TV" .... "Burning the CD now"....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts