Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No beating around the bush, I'm getting bored of my GTA, and I don't know why. I find myself browsing the classifieds daily for something else. The C6 keeps grabbing my attention. Very presidential.

What car keeps grabbing your attention?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I tend to find myself in the classifieds on a daily basis, not through disliking my Alfa, I just like to have a look whats about. But the one car that has worked its way back to the top of my list is the Porsche 968 Clubsport. I've had my heart on one for years, but spotted one in town recently and I remembered why I fell for them in the first place...plus, now I'm 25 so can actually get insured on one!

The GTA will be staying for the foreseeable though, to me, it is such a complete car. So much so, it's convinced my dad to go out and buy a 156 GTA as a second/ third car. He picks it up next week when he's back off his hols!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
For the first time in a long time - I'm satisfied! Haven't looked on Autotrader now for quite a while. There is nothing more I want or need! It is a real liberating feeling!!! Got the GTA for speed, go the XC90 for family duty/long journeys and the Landrover for bashing about. Just perfect.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Last time i looked at any classified ad's etc was when i was GTA hunting for Joss :). Don't think i will ever get bored of mine but maybe thats because its not a daily driver so i dont get 'used to it'. The next car i want is an Evo 9 and i k ow what id like it to be like ( red car with black spoiler, wheels, and the other trim parts black etc), id want my GTA still though so i doubt that would be for a long time yet :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you can stretch to a 3.8 then it is definitely worth the extra and will hold its value better.
Hmm, no massive price difference in my research between phase 1 (3.6) and phase 2 (3.8) cars - they have got to the stage where you buy on condition.

However there are reasons I prefer the 3.6, I like the original M System 1 wheel covers over the more popular throwing stars found on 3.8's. Also many of the later 3.8 cars have the Alcantara interior and I far prefer the part / full leather options on the 3.6. I am also a fan of the narrower bonnet grill.

G

·
0 Posts
No beating around the bush, I'm getting bored of my GTA, and I don't know why.
Colour? :p

You need a 3.8!

I find myself browsing the classifieds daily for something else. The C6 keeps grabbing my attention. Very presidential.
Blimey, an old man's car! Kinda cool in a modern DS way, why not get a DS if that kind of thing floats your boat.

What car keeps grabbing your attention?
The car that interests me the most at the moment is a 105 coupe. But that's a sunny days only second car for a few years hence. Truly lovely cars though, classic Alfa. Been reading a lot about them, planning probably to go for a 1750. Plan on keeping the GTA until it needs scrapping.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love my Alfa 156, and would love to have another Alfa, but my dream car is a Renault Avantime! Hopefully will have one within 2012!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sorry, did he say Renault? (Edit: I see, your taking the ****) :D

Was on a track day at the weekend, and there was an abarth, lapping well fast - keeping pace, with the occasional over-take on 3 x very bewildered AMG mercs from the owners club! Very impressive... immense cornering speed.

Would love an Elise or something.. but more than happy with the GTA for a while I'm sure (after just spending near 3k sorting it out)

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colour? :p

You need a 3.8!

Blimey, an old man's car! Kinda cool in a modern DS way, why not get a DS if that kind of thing floats your boat.

The car that interests me the most at the moment is a 105 coupe. But that's a sunny days only second car for a few years hence. Truly lovely cars though, classic Alfa. Been reading a lot about them, planning probably to go for a 1750. Plan on keeping the GTA until it needs scrapping.

Cheers,

Nigel
I could not justify the cost of a 3.8, and its not the speed I am bored with, I just like the idea of change. I think the C6 is a lovely car, but expect I would be bored of the lack of pace after a while.

I love my Alfa 156, and would love to have another Alfa, but my dream car is a Renault Avantime! Hopefully will have one within 2012!
Avantimes are very cool. Friend of mine was looking at one when he decided he needed a people carrier, until he found out it only had 4 seats!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm not sure how you can get bored with it. I has had mine for years and still perfectly happy. Most people who get bored and sell up and back within a year or two for a reason.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
1 - 20 of 93 Posts