Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm supposed to be getting a Powerflow zorst for my 156 this Saturday but i thought i'd quickly ask if any of you have one, what style tail pipe you went with and how you rate it?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
47,180 Posts
I had an oval on my 145, which looked OK. But someone else at a meet had a letterbox style one fitted, and it looks absolutely fantastic. It fitted the standard cut-out perfectly (better than the original exhaust in fact)
I would recommend asking them if you can grab a few of their likely looking tail pipes and take them out to the car to have a look what they look like. that way you can pick the one which seems to suit best.
Unfortunately, the supplier I went to didn't have the letterbox style in stock :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
I have a boxster style tail pipe on my Powerflow system on my 155V6 looks and sounds fantastic! wanted the letterbox but would have meant a bit of work around the fuel tank, so opted for the boxter oval. I think that would also look great on a 156!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I have had a powerflow fitted and never regretted as it sounds fantastic without being too overbearing as some can be. I did however replace both silencers and I had a 110 x 85 oval fitted which also has a small silencer in it. :p
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
47,180 Posts
Tesbadu said:
I have had a powerflow fitted and never regretted as it sounds fantastic without being too overbearing as some can be. I did however replace both silencers and I had a 110 x 85 oval fitted which also has a small silencer in it. :p
Ah, the cut-out on the 156 is a different shape to the 145's, less wide.
Looking at that picture, that tail-pipe is an absolutely perfect fit for the cut-out. Looks excellent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,806 Posts
bazza said:
Ah, the cut-out on the 156 is a different shape to the 145's, less wide.
Looking at that picture, that tail-pipe is an absolutely perfect fit for the cut-out. Looks excellent.
Perfect fit? Try a twin DTM supersprint. MMMMH! Shame about the dirt though
:eek:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris said:
Perfect fit? Try a twin DTM supersprint. MMMMH! Shame about the dirt though
:eek:
do you have a picture of your DTM from the rear quarter angle or slightly further back? Would like to get a better idea of how it looks overall.

Also thinking about a single oval or a straight twin..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,806 Posts
uklech24v said:
do you have a picture of your DTM from the rear quarter angle or slightly further back? Would like to get a better idea of how it looks overall.

Also thinking about a single oval or a straight twin..........
This is the best I can do for now, sorry its so dirty as it looks much better when not covered in mud.

Single oval sounds OK, personally I think the straight twin looks like a double-barrelled pea-shooter ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris said:
This is the best I can do for now, sorry its so dirty as it looks much better when not covered in mud.

Single oval sounds OK, personally I think the straight twin looks like a double-barrelled pea-shooter ;)
Powerflow zorst now fitted. Twin oval, very nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,304 Posts
Chris said:
Perfect fit? Try a twin DTM supersprint. MMMMH! Shame about the dirt though
:eek:
Very :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,772 Posts
uklech24v said:
Powerflow zorst now fitted. Twin oval, very nice.
Hows about some piccies of the fitted zorst?

Looking @ your location and thumbnail of your bella, did you pass me on the A303 eastbound near Wincanton a couple of weeks ago? I was driving a Brunello Red "New" 156 JTD?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toxic said:
Hows about some piccies of the fitted zorst?

Looking @ your location and thumbnail of your bella, did you pass me on the A303 eastbound near Wincanton a couple of weeks ago? I was driving a Brunello Red "New" 156 JTD?

I've not been along that road for a couple of months now. I do go that way to travel back to family and friends in Windsor.

I'll post a pic up asap. ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uklech24v said:
I've not been along that road for a couple of months now. I do go that way to travel back to family and friends in Windsor.

I'll post a pic up asap. ;)

And here they are..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,920 Posts
Thats very good, mine isnt that complicated really, branches off two cats in to one but it cost £410!! :eek:

Oh well, at least it only needs doing to once :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
does anyone know if fitting such a system would give a significant power boost in a 1.6TS? I think the original exhaust system design is very good: 4-2-1 Header and down pipe. This design is the basis of any aftermarket exhaust system. A friend of mine has a 205GTI and nothing beats the original system!! power and torque wise..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Love the twin pipes looks great! How's the sound now? Thought about twins when i replaced mine but i went with an single oval Remus. Sound clips would be nice :D
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top