Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an MOT done, and as I booked it in noticed that they also do 4 wheel alignment. So, having had a front set of tyres fitted, and had to replace a rear in the summer due to scalloping, thought it best to get it booked in at the same time.

the following measurements were taken as he found the car:

Nearside front -9
Offside front -7
Nearside rear 10
Offside rear 7

Good grief. I knew it needed looking at, but they are all over the place. So, the new measurements look like this:

Nearside front 0
Offside front 0
Nearside rear 4.5
Offside rear 5

The rears were as close as he could get.

Didn't think that this would make much of a difference to the driving, but just a one mile journey and the difference is staggering. No more jittery feel, just s solid and well balanced drive.
Right, off to find some twisty A road to see just how much better an already great handling car can be.....and saving on my tyres as well. For £39.99 I'm a happy bunny.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just came back from a service on my gt and was told that my 2 fronts were f***ed. Tracking is out and they've worn right down on the inside edge. Luckily there wasn't much left on them anyway but now i've got to go get 2 new tyres for the front.
Lucky I got it serviced this week because another few weeks on these tyres in this condition and I'd probably have gotten a blow-out :(

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same issue for me, had to replace both fronts last week, inner edge on the near side front was totally gone. Embarrassing as I like to think I keep an eye on that kind of thing!

Sounds like your tracking is way out as well! Too much camber, needs to be back to zero.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Same issue for me, had to replace both fronts last week, inner edge on the near side front was totally gone. Embarrassing as I like to think I keep an eye on that kind of thing!

Sounds like your tracking is way out as well! Too much camber, needs to be back to zero.
toe:thumbs: camber is non adjustable in standard form :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"In cars with double wishbone suspensions, camber angle may be fixed or adjustable."

Thought ours were adjustable? :confused:

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
"In cars with double wishbone suspensions, camber angle may be fixed or adjustable."

Thought ours were adjustable? :confused:
Nope.

No adjustable camber on any 156/147/GT (leaving out race cars obviously!)

159/Brera have adjustable REAR camber though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts