0 Posts
Anyone else think that Herr Piëch
looks like a very wrinkly baby with
a spanked arse?

:lol:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Curious enigma, Germans like to be thought of as green but it's taken Honda and Toyota to produce viable hybrids. Even though they have spent a few marks on both hybrids and fuel cells.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Anyone else think that Herr Piëch
looks like a very wrinkly baby with
a spanked arse?

:lol:
:lol: :lol:
Very likely, but I'm comforted that the article implies my view of him as a meglomaniac is shared.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Morni'n Wrenched. Don't accept Deutschmarks on the Reperbahn now, it's Euro's or Dollars as I found out! Wife mustn't see this!! Joke,joke! Very interesting article though, the bits I understood.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn the bloke who wrote the article is a dumb ass, Bugatti is French, not Italian.

He also doesn't understand much of doing business, making cars in a country with high salaries (seen on the world avarage), cannot be cheap. So how will VW, BMW and so on, ever being able to make cheap cars?

And he does not understand much about premiumbrands either I think, because he says that BMW has nog cheap cars either. Forgetting the point that BMW's should not be cheap, otherwise people would buy and Korean car.

I cannot take this article very serious I think.

Also the part of that the most european brands only have older models, it doesn't come up in him that this has to do with life-cycle's it seems.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hyvice said:
Bugatti is French, not Italian
The author could have been more accurate. However,
Bugatti is considered an Italian-French carmaker given the founder was Italian though he located the car factory in Alsace a region of France nowadays, which used to be part of Germany before WWI.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Carlo, Ettore Bugattis father the avant-gardefurniture maker, moved the family to Alsace about 1880 which was about the time Ettore was born. I've never heard anything suggesting Ettore thought of himself as anything but French, French was certainly the language of choice so far as his business dealings were concerned.
He was a pretty amazing fellow, being engaged by Baron De-Dietrich and Peugeot to design automobiles whilst still in his early 20's!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Still, if you've lived your whole live, except a couple of months in a country, speak (and prefer) that language, have your live over there, why would you then say that your from somewhere else?

Most commen is said that the Brand Bugatti is French, so who are we to judge that? Or is this the same thing as that some Alfa driver deny that Alfa used to build cargo trucks as well?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
As we're on the subject, I'll promote the Bugatti Trust www.bugatti-trust.co.uk.
The Atlantique depicted in Bigfoots link was my fathers, 'EXK-6' which he bought from it's original owner in about '64. Magic machine, every bit a Veyron to a 5-year old!
Sadly desecrated by Bamford and then it's American owners.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not far out was I?
Still, if you've lived your whole live, except a couple of months in a country, speak (and prefer) that language, have your live over there, why would you then say that your from somewhere else?

Most commen is said that the Brand Bugatti is French, so who are we to judge that? Or is this the same thing as that some Alfa driver deny that Alfa used to build cargo trucks as well?
Points taken chaps :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm afraid I've been bigheadedly talking utter crap, checked some facts last night. The Bugatti family didn't move to Alsace untill the early 20Cent, not sure if before or after WW1 (I'm sure not during!). Ettore went there in 1909 (to De Dietrich?) and settled in Molsheim later when opening his own works. The others followed, although Rembrandt (slightly presumptuous of his parents?) spent much of his time in Antwerp zoo by all accounts. Well worth it as his sculptures really are among the best ever - check them out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts