Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently in USA it's common to sell cars with fake leather (plastic) seats. :tut: Even BMWs have it as an option.

How about Alfas, have they ever made cars with fake leather seats?

By the way I saw a new BMW 1 series with stitches on the bottom of the steering wheel - like what you would have on a leather one. But I'm pretty sure it was a plastic steering wheel. :confused:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Most of the modern Alfa's have part leather, part PVC cover components!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Mercedes have sold cars with "man made" leather in the UK for donkeys years - called Artico, I believe BMW do as well.

Most modern cars with "leather" only have leather on the seat facings, backs, sides etc will invariably be vinyl

·
Registered
34,429 Posts
the amount of coating and texturing that goes on to leather to make it withstand use in a car makes it plastic really.I was impressed by the "leatherness" of the Giuliettas hide option but the cross-the-car sewstyle shows up the stretch and some dislike this.Gone are the days when it was included in Lusso spec.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Jaguars have had plastic sides and backs on the seats since the '60s. Only Vanden Plas models had all leather. For about 30 years leather became very rare in cars. Lots of Jags and Mercs had cloth, BMW and Audi had only just moved on from making bubble cars :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts