Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When you get a remap...does the 0-62 of the car increase along with torque, and does that inturn increase what your top end capability is.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Hi all,

When you get a remap...does the 0-62 of the car increase along with torque, and does that inturn increase what your top end capability is.

Many Thanks
you mean decrease:lol:, and yes and yes, by how much depends on the figures gained, but more power and torque will generally increase both;)

dont expect huge gains mind

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean decrease:lol:, and yes and yes, by how much depends on the figures gained, but more power and torque will generally increase both;)

dont expect huge gains mind
I thought it did, wasn't sure though...

And yes I meant decrease lol...

Im think 120 goes up to 155 so 0-60 down by what 0.3 of a second maybe?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I thought it did, wasn't sure though...

And yes I meant decrease lol...

Im think 120 goes up to 155 so 0-60 down by what 0.3 of a second maybe?
if it does go to 155, then look at the performance figures of the 155:thumbs: should be more or less the same;)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it does go to 155, then look at the performance figures of the 155:thumbs: should be more or less the same;)
I was hoping you would say that...

Why anyone would buy a 155 when you can get the same for less with better fuel eco baffals me.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I was hoping you would say that...

Why anyone would buy a 155 when you can get the same for less with better fuel eco baffals me.
because it starts with 155, therefore better increase at a later date, that would be my thinking anyway:D

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I may have not understood what you're saying here, but you're not comparing like with like. If you remap the 155, then you'll end up with more horsepower than the remapped 120.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may have not understood what you're saying here, but you're not comparing like with like. If you remap the 155, then you'll end up with more horsepower than the remapped 120.
Yes but what im comparing is if you were happy with the 155...then logically it would be better to get a remaped 120.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Yes but what im comparing is if you were happy with the 155...then logically it would be better to get a remaped 120.
maybe, but id get the 155 because i know i could map it too more, that just how i think:lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Not necessarily, not sure about this but isn't the difference in the engines turbo related, if this is the case you are going to decrease the lifespan of the turbo in your car by making it work harder.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe, but id get the 155 because i know i could map it too more, that just how i think:lol:
:lol: Well yes thats a good point...but for an economy driven me the 120 was best...

Sounds great what they can do though, keep Normal the same but not flat spots and make Dynamic have the new map.

Sounds Brilliant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts