Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General questions regarding Connect Nav

Hi all,
first let me say that, of all the fora i have visited over the last years, this is one of the best..well-informed,polite and intelligent users here,wich is very rare these days.. and the webmaster has done a nice job as well ;-)
now, enough with the brown-nosing.. :)on to the questions..

I've picked up my car two months ago, and i love it more and more each time i drive it.. i just have a few problems concerning the connect nav system..
The MP3 thing.. can the system play mp3 files and if so , does the cd have to be in the head unit or in the disc changer ?
Can anyone tell me how to insert names in your adressbook, using the voice recognition system so i use the voice dialing by using names rather than numbers ? unfortunately,my Connect manual was in Portuguese in stead of Dutch, and apparently ,my dealer can't be bothered providing me with a dutch one...

G

·
Many people have reported playing MP3's with no problems. In fact it was for this reason I didn't bother with the CD changer. However when I collected my car a month ago, I found that my unit will not play MP3's.

As for the voice recognition I can't help as I cannot get mine to work, even with an english manual. It dials a completely different number to the one I request every time.

G

·
Hi

I have managed to get the voice recognition to work. You need to make a copy of the number from you sim onto the Nav+ phonebook. It will then show the name on the phonebook with a + after it. This then opens a box within that particular persons detail "voice recognition". You then record the name.
To activate [and perhaps this isnt the correct way but it works" you press the voice activation button on the wheel and after the speak state "Select a name" The women then says "the name please" You then say the name u have recorded". If recognised it will repeat the name back. If u r then happy say "Call". It responds by saying number dialling.

Hope it works.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx,
I'll try this and let you guys know of the outcome..will fiddle with MP3 cd's as well...it's a shame that most AR dealers don't have a clue about wich software version of the connect system is in use and if and when there are updates available...

G

·
MP3 CD's do work in the head unit.
The thing to remember when using voice activated dialing is that when you press the button on the wheel, you must wait for the peep from the speakers before saying anything. If you need to check the language settings, go through the language menu and if you select a language not currently in use it will ask the for the CD then will spend 20 minutes reprogramming the system.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've noticed that...being used to working with Windows i immediately assumed the system crashed.. ;-)..
I'll try using the MP3 cd in de head unit..
it's also a bit of a shame that you can't put the Nav cd in the CD changer...this would leave the head unit free to switch between cd's much faster.. Like they say :"nothing's perfect" (although a 147 comes pretty close...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts