Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
makes a nicer noise than the TS, but crucially has less power and the boxers do not get the quick rack steering either. As they are rare, spares are not so easy to find either. The same money may buy a 2.0, but the engine is less of a gamble on a boxer regarding bottom ends and belts IMO.

Still for £450......:D

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
No, No, No if I keep saying it i may just believe it, just about to sell our Citroen, so down to a sensible 2 cars and this comes up for sale local as well.
Would love a Boxer engine, do I sell the 146 and buy this ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, No, No if I keep saying it i may just believe it, just about to sell our Citroen, so down to a sensible 2 cars and this comes up for sale local as well.
Would love a Boxer engine, do I sell the 146 and buy this ?
Do it, you know you wanna ;)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Of course I wanna do it, but can I take the nagging ?
Plus (sorry Baby etc) I'm not too sure if I like the 145, I know they look better in the flesh but knid of look like a stumpy estate.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Of course I wanna do it, but can I take the nagging ?
Plus (sorry Baby etc) I'm not too sure if I like the 145, I know they look better in the flesh but knid of look like a stumpy estate.
No offence taken :)

My 145 is a stunning example tho :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The TS engine was only introduce (other than the 2.0) into the 14# range late 97 early 98 all previous engines were boxers (again except 2.0)...

I bought very recently a 1996 146ti with FASH (history from veloches of london) cam belt done and only 68k on clock, TAX and 12 months MOT £390... Smashing car had to put 2 tyres on the front and 2 wishbones really pleased...

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Look at your pictures, you will see "Bella Grande" in all her glory and possibly me struggling to open bloody heavy doors on that slope :lol:
Yeah your on my wallpaper at work :lol: That was a nightmare with the doors and that bank , excellent day tho :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts