Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 2178 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ditto, good show. Nearly made it home with roof down, would have but a caravan tipped over on A1, slight holdup. But I did get home ok, they didn't.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Enjoyed the show plus the weather held out which was a bonus.
It seemed a very big hold up on the A1 esp. as people started getting out their cars so we diverted cross country towards Bourne.
Some very rare machines at Rockingham, a lot of dedication out there

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,354 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,647
Well the 156 is going!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261568586480?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have done a lot of soul searching and what i really need is something cheap to run and reliable so it has been replaced with a cheap 54 plate VW (i wont reveal any more as its a bit embarrasing) but it does allow me to focus my funds on the 75 and this is my main focus at the moment.

If you know anyone in need of parts for a 156 SW please point them to this ad :thumbs:

·
16,354 Posts
Well the 156 is going!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261568586480?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have done a lot of soul searching and what i really need is something cheap to run and reliable so it has been replaced with a cheap 54 plate VW (i wont reveal any more as its a bit embarrasing) but it does allow me to focus my funds on the 75 and this is my main focus at the moment.

If you know anyone in need of parts for a 156 SW please point them to this ad :thumbs:

Fingers crossed Aaron. A shame but there comes a time........

I'm currently Alfa less, the '6 went two weeks ago.

Seriously considering an XK8 4.0 Litre right now.

·
16,354 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very nice car, a lot for not a lot of money. Im'e still a Jaguar man at heart. Had 4 over a 16 year period, S1 XJ6, S2 XJ6,XJS 5.3 V12 (wonderful 7years) & S3 XJ12. Then back to Alfa.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts

So, no Alfa at all ?
Would that be a long term plan Nige ?

·
16,354 Posts
Very nice car, a lot for not a lot of money. Im'e still a Jaguar man at heart. Had 4 over a 16 year period, S1 XJ6, S2 XJ6,XJS 5.3 V12 (wonderful 7years) & S3 XJ12. Then back to Alfa.
Never had a Jag Rob but always sort of fancied one. This particular one you may have seen at some of our meets as it belongs to my friend Jim and he's come along to some of our Meets. This one is a 98 model in a very nice Blue and he has kept it in very good order so I know the history of it for the last four years or so, at £4K it seems a good buy. He's only selling as he fancies a newer XKR, Going to have another good look at it and another drive but have to say I'm very tempted. BUT, Jim is very much like me and we are both a bit bothered, remember the old adage about selling/buying cars from friends...........

So, no Alfa at all ?
Would that be a long term plan Nige ?
Yep, no Alfa at all Martin, quite unusual for me as since 76 I've never gone for long without having one. Long term ? Dunno. Certainly not in a rush for one right now plus the fact that other than a Classic 70/80's one nothing much appeals other than perhaps a 916 V6. And much as I like a real Classic I'm not sure that I want to mess about with bodywork issues any more.

I'm getting to the point where I fancy just kicking the tyres, lighting the blue touch paper and switching the aircon on and that's about all.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,654

Yeah id like another alfa but financially i just cant justify another. Plus side is i only paid 1k for this new car so for a cheap runner with 54k on the clock i cant complain. It costs less to insure this car for a year than it did to tax the 156 for a year :rolleyes:

Had some interest in parts so far but nothing worth shouting about, Mainly trim pieces etc

·
16,354 Posts
Yeah id like another alfa but financially i just cant justify another. Plus side is i only paid 1k for this new car so for a cheap runner with 54k on the clock i cant complain. It costs less to insure this car for a year than it did to tax the 156 for a year :rolleyes:

Had some interest in parts so far but nothing worth shouting about, Mainly trim pieces etc

I suppose your main problem is that there are, comparatively, lots of 156 bits 'n pieces around so although I reckon that you will get rid of most of it eventually it may take some time.

You still have the 75 to get going so in your position I'd do the same as you - stick with the VW for the daily run around and concentrate on the 75. This makes financial sense even if it isn't the ideal thing that you'd prefer.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,656
I suppose your main problem is that there are, comparatively, lots of 156 bits 'n pieces around so although I reckon that you will get rid of most of it eventually it may take some time.

You still have the 75 to get going so in your position I'd do the same as you - stick with the VW for the daily run around and concentrate on the 75. This makes financial sense even if it isn't the ideal thing that you'd prefer.
Couldn't agree more. But since when have you known me to be sensible? :lol:

This is so not me :D

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Yep, no Alfa at all Martin, quite unusual for me as since 76 I've never gone for long without having one. Long term ? Dunno. Certainly not in a rush for one right now plus the fact that other than a Classic 70/80's one nothing much appeals other than perhaps a 916 V6. And much as I like a real Classic I'm not sure that I want to mess about with bodywork issues any more.

I'm getting to the point where I fancy just kicking the tyres, lighting the blue touch paper and switching the aircon on and that's about all.
Sort of sums up my thoughts when I bought the Spider in '09.Now starting to think seriously about another Alfa in the fold ,although haven't really got the drive at the moment.
Did you let the Alfetta go for the final price on e-bay !!!???

·
16,354 Posts
Couldn't agree more. But since when have you known me to be sensible? :lol:

This is so not me :D
:lol: If we were all sensible life would be a bit dull !!!

·
16,354 Posts
Sort of sums up my thoughts when I bought the Spider in '09.Now starting to think seriously about another Alfa in the fold ,although haven't really got the drive at the moment.
Did you let the Alfetta go for the final price on e-bay !!!???
What do you fancy then Martin ? I'm not saying that the current range of Alfas are bad cars but as I like Coupes' they have limited appeal for me so not much choice really.

The '6 went for £2750, at least £500 less than I really wanted but such is life. A nice guy with Italian heritage bought it and it's mainly going to live in covered storage down London way so I'm pleased that it's gone to a good home.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thought that was cheap Nige, still as you rightly say........
Not my intention to buy a MiTo or G at the moment ,want it as a 3rd car so thinking 159 at newest or more probably a 147/156. I was explaining to Jo at the Burton meet how tricky it is to find just what I am looking for ie....low ownership car with good service history ,documented belt change(s) in very good nick.I know it sounds easy but believe me its not !

1641 - 1660 of 2178 Posts