Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2246 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,391 Posts
Well it seems we have avoided the free " upgrade " so just a little bit of good news.

I hope you are right Tony, time will tell.

Reactions: TonyGr

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Not for long. I see Lincolnshire went into tier 4 on Wednesday. Because we are considered part of the Humber region we managed to stay in tier 3 but it is causing problems given that a lot of the local villages which look to Scunthorpe and Grimsby for services are actually in Lincolnshire and hence tier 4 so should not travel to tier 3.

Anyway have a Happy New Year and perhaps by the summer we will be getting some sort of normality

·
16,391 Posts
Happy New Year Tony and to anyone else who may be reading !

Yes, as expected, all in T4, or by another name, National Lockdown, again. I'm not surprised. Oh well.

·
Administrator
88,345 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Things are moving forward towards a return to normality.

Anne and I had our first Covid vaccination this morning. Looks as if North Lincolnshire is getting stuck into the 70-80 age group having got a good proportion of the older population done.

·
16,391 Posts
Same here Tony.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Another month of going nowhere. The Giulietta has done a grand total of 1482 miles between the end of February 2020 and end February 2021. Previous 12 months it did 12647 miles. Roll on vaccine passports and the opening up of Europe. I suspect the holiday areas of the UK will be heaving this summer so we will be giving them a miss. Not so much the Covid but I hate crowds.

·
16,391 Posts
Don't think I've been further than Langrick, about 8 miles, for the last 12 months. Oh well, I s'pose we're saving on petrol......

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
No doubt. I reckon the Giulietta cost about 14p a mile in petrol so having not done 11k that must be.......................................... £1500..........Blimey!! until I got the calculator out I didn't realise it was so much. Mind you £350 of that is part of the holiday savings not having driven to Verona and Alpbach but still £100 per month and no where to spend it.

·
16,391 Posts
I'd sooner spend the cash needed for petrol and actually go somewhere, would be nice to go for a decent blast in the Jag. Maybe later this year Tony ???????

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I am still thinking we might get to Italy/Austria if the vaccine passports get adopted and they manage to up the rate of jabbing the natives. Apparently Italy has a higher percentage of unused jabs in store than any other EU state and yet they banned the export of vaccine to Australia.

·
16,391 Posts
Yep, the good 'ole humanitarian EU !

·
16,391 Posts
Where's my egg????????

·
16,391 Posts
Unlikely - scoffed the hen last week......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello All,
Possibly the wrong place to be asking...but here goes anyway.
With restrictions easing and the weather improving, are there any plans for a Lincolnshire meet in the future? I seem to recall that the Red Lion in Redbourne has been used in the past?

(Or is it best to wait and see what pubs actually open up again after the latest lock-down lifts?)

Regards to all,

Lee159

·
16,391 Posts
Hi Lee.

No plans for any Meets right now, I think it's a wait and see scenario. In the past we have had Meets all over the county but it was very quiet even before Lockdown.

Lets wait and see if enthusiasm returns after Lockdown ends.Just keep an eye on this Thread for now.

Nige.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you. Will keep an eye open and see what happens. I recall eating in the Red lion last year during the 'eat out to help out'. It wasn't bad and the pub is pleasantly situated.

By the way Nige...trade group 3?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
The Red Lion is/used to be the regular meeting place for AROC. It might be worth checking their website to see what is happening

2221 - 2240 of 2246 Posts