Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2121 - 2133 of 2133 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Well the speed you obviously drive at you will only need to leave about 7.40am!:)
Unfair. It was 17 miles to the venue from home. :D

Interesting point was made that the course is only offered to those who have merely strayed a small amount over the limit and have not done the course within the last three years. Do more than say 42 in a 30 limit or be caught more frequently and they consider the offender is a hardened speeder and unlikely to benefit from the course so it is points and a fine or for the real speed merchants a court summons

·
Administrator
86,791 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries January 2020 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win (y)

February Detailing competition now open for entries February 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car (y)

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Another month has gone by and only David has posted.

I have still not cleaned an increasing dirty (and looking unloved) Giulietta. However the forecast is for a heady 13 degrees tomorrow so I might, just might, bite the bullet and get on with it

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,328 Posts
I let the local Hand-wash place get all the winter crud off the Celica yesterday. As time goes by I feel less than ever inclined to wash and polish cars so I looked around and found a very local man who comes to your house and does a very thorough valet which includes a deep wash and polish and a deep clean of the interior for about £70. I'm thinking that I'll let him loose on the XK next month.......

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
So Bullet bit and the Giulietta is now clean inside and out. An hour and half saw the job done but no polishing, that can wait until the weather really warms up. Trip to Hull on Thursday evening so, no doubt, she will be dirty again by Friday. Not sure I can spare £70. The garden fences suffered slightly in the storms but inspection showed they were all rotten and will need replacing sooner rather than latter. 50% of 6 panels in the side (cost shared with neighbour) plus 13 across the back and past experience means it's my fence so I bear the cost is that neighbours approach. Added to which some little toerag threw stones at the front window hard enough to put a hole in the outer pane. That means an insurance claim given the size and the excess is £50 plus the higher premiums on renewal next March. All in all February/March have not gone well.

·
16,328 Posts
Seems that you haven't had the best couple of months Tony - these things happen.

Just had the Celica in for the MoT and relieved to say that it went straight through so that's good news at least.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
It's not that bad I just felt like letting off steam and I didn't think the Rant forum was quite the right place. The only real pain is the window. The rest is really routine maintenance which has been ignored.

Car cleaning continued tday in so far as the Saxo got a thorough hoover out inside. Still needs a wash but that can wait. It is starting to show it's age. A hole has developed in the carpet just behind where the driver's left foot rests. A bit of ducktape has sorted that. There is also some limited rust spots on the sills and door bottoms. There is also, and has been for years, rust in the boot on the wheel arch. I just cannot stop it occurring so I think it must be a gap in a weld which allows water through but there is nothing to see on the outside. It never gets an advisory on the MOT so I assume it is not important. No doubt a bodyshop would sort it but at £250 valuation when doing the insurance I am not spending anything on non mechanicals. Replace a wheel bearing to keep it running, yes. Cosmetic bodywork repairs, no.

·
16,328 Posts
I have been known to go off on a mini rant now and then but mainly it's the stupidty of society at large that sets me off - mostly I just keep calm and carry on carrying on..........

·
16,328 Posts
That's about it Tony !

Now where do I download the form from to change my name to Victor........

·
16,328 Posts
Victor 'cos I didn't fancy Vulcan very much......

2121 - 2133 of 2133 Posts