Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2133 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it best that we have a thread for general (off the subject) rubbish such as hand held fly swatters :lol::lol:

I know some people (Nige) have waaaaay to much time on their hands and tend to goa little off track from time to time so this is the perfect place to do it so we dont keep flooding the other threads on here quite so much :tut:

(Thread continued from; http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/lincolnshire/181284-general-chit-chat.html)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Lol

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,328 Posts
Whats with the new thread?

Funny to look back and remember the conversations about those damn fly swatters :lol: I still remember that.......does this make me sad?
:lol:

:confused:

I'm also a bit confused, nowt to do with me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
:lol:

:confused:

I'm also a bit confused, nowt to do with me.
wots going on???? Nice day here yesterday had a 40 mile spin in the 33 popped over to barton via elsham top real good fun lots of dry bits of tarmac mixed with wet patches managed to get it sideways a couple of times really interesting!! although will have to get the bucket and sponge out today!!!!:D

·
16,328 Posts

·
16,328 Posts
wots going on???? Nice day here yesterday had a 40 mile spin in the 33 popped over to barton via elsham top real good fun lots of dry bits of tarmac mixed with wet patches managed to get it sideways a couple of times really interesting!! although will have to get the bucket and sponge out today!!!!:D
You took the 33 out with all that salt lying around ? :tut: :lol:

As for the bucket and sponge, no chance down this way, haven't had a bath meself yet this year, far too cold and I don't want to waste the Goose Grease ! :wow:

Must say that I'm ready for a run out in the '6 though, hope I can manage it sometime this week.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You took the 33 out with all that salt lying around ? :tut: :lol:

As for the bucket and sponge, no chance down this way, haven't had a bath meself yet this year, far too cold and I don't want to waste the Goose Grease ! :wow:

Must say that I'm ready for a run out in the '6 though, hope I can manage it sometime this week.
Begrudge paying the goverment for road tax and havin it stood in the garage wasting the tax plus i miss driving it! had to move it out the garage for another job needless to say the job became a night job Dam missed all the soaps again!!!:lol:

·
16,328 Posts
Begrudge paying the goverment for road tax and havin it stood in the garage wasting the tax plus i miss driving it! had to move it out the garage for another job needless to say the job became a night job Dam missed all the soaps again!!!:lol:
:thumbs: Same here Steve, I fret about not using the '6 and missing all the enjoyment that my largely wasted Winters VED should afford me.

About time they slapped the VED on Fuel, would save a lot of paperwork and make life easier and possibly cheaper for a lot of us. Could hit the long distance commuters though. To solve this why not just apply this idea to cars over a certain, rolling, age ?

Far too easy for our glorious leaders I suppose.

However you had a result last night, missed all the Soaps............. :lol:

·
Registered
503 Posts
:thumbs: Same here Steve, I fret about not using the '6 and missing all the enjoyment that my largely wasted Winters VED should afford me.

About time they slapped the VED on Fuel, would save a lot of paperwork and make life easier and possibly cheaper for a lot of us. Could hit the long distance commuters though. To solve this why not just apply this idea to cars over a certain, rolling, age ?

Far too easy for our glorious leaders I suppose.

However you had a result last night, missed all the Soaps............. :lol:
Be alot better to make all vehicles over 21 yrs old tax excempt but with a mileage cap of 50% of normal yearly mileage very easy to monitor with the new vosa computer linked test certificate its ok putting it on the petrol but price would rise and when theres a government change they could abolish it and the price would not go DOWN!!!:tut:

·
16,328 Posts
Be alot better to make all vehicles over 21 yrs old tax excempt but with a mileage cap of 50% of normal yearly mileage very easy to monitor with the new vosa computer linked test certificate its ok putting it on the petrol but price would rise and when theres a government change they could abolish it and the price would not go DOWN!!!:tut:
The Rolling VED exemption was, as you know, scrapped some time ago and I see no chance of it ever being reinstated despite pressure from various organizations. :(

I s'pose we could all buy pre 1973 cars........ ! :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
The Rolling VED exemption was, as you know, scrapped some time ago and I see no chance of it ever being reinstated despite pressure from various organizations. :(

I s'pose we could all buy pre 1973 cars........ ! :)
there a bit expensive!! annoys me the 33 is 25 yrs old next yr!!!! How old is the 6?

·
16,328 Posts
there a bit expensive!! annoys me the 33 is 25 yrs old next yr!!!! How old is the 6?

It's 30 this year Steve so even more annoying !

Still, it's no problem for us rich sods ! :wow:

·
16,328 Posts
I take it we post here from now on....?
:lol: Morning Martin, yep, Post away, the more the merrier !

I was thinking last night that I'd somehow have to get some life in the old Thread as Tumbleweed seemed to have taken over.

Maybe this " new " Thread will get things going again. :)

1 - 20 of 2133 Posts