Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new member of AO.com I thought I'd just tell you that I’ve finally done it!

Five years ago I sold my 3.0 GTV and ever since I’ve wandered in the wilderness with a variety of cars such Citroen, Toyota and Land Rover (hope you're still awake!). But I’ve finally bought myself another Alfa and for now, it is a wonderfully cathartic experience. Possibly akin to someone who has lived a lie in the wrong body only to be liberated by a sex-change.

And the car in question; an immaculate 2007 Alfa GT 1.9 diesel, with only 9000 miles on the clock. I love it! I picked it up this afternoon from Benfield Alfa Romeo in Newcastle and I have to say, a more pleasant and knowledgeable sales team you couldn’t wish to meet.

Here's to many miles of happy motoring and to never needing the Technical and Vehicle Assistance Forum!

Right, now where did I put those spandex hot-pants and high-heels?;)

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
Nice one mate.

I have tried leaving the Alfa fold on a few occasions but always end up coming back.

The only non Alfa's that I kept for more than a couple of months are a Fiat Coupe and a TVR Griffith. :rolleyes:

Not many cars have an allure like an Alfa. :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's strange you mention the TVR, Sym - Benfield had a beautiful Griffith 500 on their forecourt. I presumed someone else had just seen the light.

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
That's strange you mention the TVR, Sym - Benfield had a beautiful Griffith 500 on their forecourt. I presumed someone else had just seen the light.
Mine was a 500 as well.
Awesome bit of kit. Its just a shame it was so expensive to run.

I would recommend one at some stage to anyone if funds allow. :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Five years ago I sold my 3.0 GTV and ever since I’ve wandered in the wilderness with a variety of cars such Citroen, Toyota and Land Rover (hope you're still awake!). But I’ve finally bought myself another Alfa and for now, it is a wonderfully cathartic experience. Possibly akin to someone who has lived a lie in the wrong body only to be liberated by a sex-change.
Depends. The big Citroens have an interesting suspension system which gives them a bit of character, and the Landie Defenders are fantastic big articles off road.
The Toyota you can excuse as your sensible phase. We've all been there, had a car for the head not the heart :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts