Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the gearlever reverse mechanism - the plastic collar that slides up the gearlever - on my 1997 Spider V6. As shown in the picture, I was sold another as a replacement from (I think) a GTV which is not at all similar. Can anyone tell me which models have the same mechanism as mine? I'm I looking for a needle in a haystack? I really don't want to have to buy a whole gearlever from Alfa...
Julyan

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm looking for the gearlever reverse mechanism - the plastic collar that slides up the gearlever - on my 1997 Spider V6. As shown in the picture, I was sold another as a replacement from (I think) a GTV which is not at all similar. Can anyone tell me which models have the same mechanism as mine? I'm I looking for a needle in a haystack? I really don't want to have to buy a whole gearlever from Alfa...
Julyan
The one you have is on the Phase 1 models. 95 to 97. Why do you need to change it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah good, so I can get one from a phase 1 GTV. I need to replace it because the plastic collar is broken at the front - you can't see that in the photo - maybe from a ham-fisted attempt to remove the knob (which is now loose on its splines). It's one of the few faults on the car when I got it. So, can anyone sell me the collar from a phase 1 car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts