Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gearlever on the Cloverleaf has started to make a rubbery creaking sound this last week. It only does it when the cars been running a while and at first only on 1st to 2nd changes. Now its doing it 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Any ideas you guys before it becomes 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I Had the same problem with mine but is was soon cured when I had the linkages given a good dowsing in spray grease.

But apparently the linkages below the gear lever (which are most likely causing the creak) are not easy to get to, hence the use of spray grease.

Hope this helps.

GB145

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have the same problem on my 146, whats the best way to get to the linkages? tried taking off the leather cover and put a load of wd40 down there, but the creak on mine (sometimes!) is coming from underneath the car, can you get to them that way?

thanks

Chris

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got mine done when it was up on a four poster and aparently its still not the easiest bit to get to and for a couple of weeks after when I came to rest you could smell the hot oil/grease that had dropped on the exhaust.

Nice and smooth now and it was done about 3 months ago.

GB145

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys.

Sounds like one of those jobs thats simple in theory but a pig in practice. The cars going in to garage this next week so I can at least make a suggestion (I don't like to sound like I'm telling a mechanic his job!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts