Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Or, use a plastic/rubber hammer and gently beat the knob upwards. But somehow I always manage to punch myself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ended up pulling / hacking / cutting all the foam of most of it and then pulling of the final plastic slotted core bit with a set of mole grips. They don't bolt or screw on and are held on with some kind of epoxy. Not very helpful if you plan on keeping the gear knob, I replaced it with an after market one but sadly they all seem to sit too high and don't have the collar round them for the gaiter to clip round so I'm replacing with another genuine one :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
am tired for today. i'll try to work my biceps and shoulders so i can remove it. :p
also i just bought a genuine gta spoiler from alfisti but unfortunately it doesnt fit perfectly in the tailgate. DARN IT. i should try warming it up maybe it will bent without cracking it :p

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Use a hairdryer to heat it up first, it does help honest! I wedged one between the seats pointing up at the knob and went for a coffee(did keep watching in case it blew up lol) but then it came off fairly easily, still took a bit of tugging though.

A

·
0 Posts
Good idea if you want to ruin the gearknob, but maybe he just wants to recondition it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thnx guys !! am gonna change it with a leather one from alfisti really beautiful. it looks that it will be much lower now to change gears :p looks fun !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts