Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIAT ePER This page shows the part I need to cure my wobbly gearstick. I think it's no.12 (vessel) but no bushes are shown anywhere?

This guy did the fix on a different model & the parts list is much more in depth for his model: Alfa Romeo forum: Very loose gear lever Also much cheaper by the looks of things. You can see his parts list halfway down that page.

The JTD 147 also has the parts listed, but not my Twin Spark..FIAT ePER

And here's the page that shows all the 147 models which leads you to an individual parts page for the gears. http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COUNTRY=012&GRP_COD=212&SBMK=R&DRIVE=D&MAKE=R&COMM_MODEL=147&CAT_COD=W8&MOD_COD=190&SGRP_COD=21&ALL_FIG=0&LANGUAGE=3&NEW_HTTP=TRUE&PREVIOUS_KEY=SUBGROUP&ALL_LIST_PART=0&SB_CODE=-1&KEY=SUBGROUP_7&PRINT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&WINDOW_ID=1&GUI_LANG=3

Aren't they all interchangeable even tho they have different numbers?

Confused slightly.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
That's my thread :D

Not sure if the parts are interchangeable TBH

I ordered mine from a dealer (Mangoletsi) over the phone trying not to let on that I had a copy of ePER in front of me :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my thread :D

Not sure if the parts are interchangeable TBH

I ordered mine from a dealer (Mangoletsi) over the phone trying not to let on that I had a copy of ePER in front of me :lol:
Thanks mate. Thought I noticed the avatar. :) Did you get the stiffness sorted in the end?

On the 156 the 'body' is £6, on the 147 it's £30... Bit of a pain but if someone could confirm the interchangeability of parts? The diagrams look identical from what I can see, but different part numbers.

147 Gear stick bush.

if your using google chrome to view ePer than its a bit hit and miss, use IE.

Thank you. I was on Firefox, but I somehow missed the above picture.:thumbs:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have got some side to side play in my gear stick and what is best describes as a stiffness or notchiness when selecting gears, with the occasional crunch when trying to select reverse.

Could this be the top hat bushes in the mecanisim that sits ontop of the gearbox, or is it play in the housing of the gear selector.

I have taken the following video. alfa 147 gear stick play 01 - YouTube

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers

Dom

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never seen someone bumping someone else's thread before.

When you move the gear stick can you see any evidence of a hairline crack at all? Look in the corners.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,
I bumped it hoping someone would see my last post and help me out! Which you did! :thumbs:

No I can't see any cracks in the corners where it is fixed. I can see a little bit of play in the mechanisim to he right hand side, it may not be that noticeble in the video.

Cheers

Dom

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Wonder if its just the bush in the housing that is split...

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
From memory, yes :(
Stoopid design :rant: :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From memory, yes :(
Stoopid design :rant: :lol:
Well that's that then. :lol:

Was the exhaust easy to lower or should I be prepared for lots of swearing & cut hands?

And was the much difference from the price shown on FiatEper to the price you paid at the dealers?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
It's easy enough, a ramp / pit would have made it better as well as an occasional third arm :lol:

My copy of ePER was outdated, so couldn't compare prices, but parts were cheap enough :thumbs:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's easy enough, a ramp / pit would have made it better as well as an occasional third arm :lol:

My copy of ePER was outdated, so couldn't compare prices, but parts were cheap enough :thumbs:
Cheers. I'll give them a ring then.:thumbs:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
May the force be with you :thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts