Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cheapy plastic top cover of my gearknob has come away (all 3 clips snapped) at 16,000.

Just wanted to know the cost of it from alfa? also do they sell just the top part or does it come as a whole?

thanks

Dan

·
Registered
33,215 Posts
The replacement was separate when mine required it under warranty ; called a " lens" on the wrapper. Not fitted though as I took the opportunity to get a carbon knob fitted .

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
There is a threat about this mate, happens to almost everyone I think.

makes me laugh as my mate was one day taking a few of us from a drive in his new GQV, saying how good it was and how reliable alfas now are, and literally 2 seconds later the gear knob came off in his hand haha

·
Registered
33,215 Posts
The top came off in my wife's hand. She was very apologetic but I was quite happy to take opportunity to order the upgrade my knob .

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the carbon gear knob. Looks lovely, but as per most things Alfa the fitting instructions bore little resemblance to what the gear lever actually looked like when the old plastic one came off.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I bought this one: Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Schaltknauf Marano Nero S Giulietta Schaltknauf 'Marano Nero S' 54431 + 54590 , and saved the replacement top, for? well i don't know what i saved it for, but i still have it. Love the one from alfisti though, it matches my car like its something from the factory, and is a solid block of aluminum, great quality.
Hi. How easy was that replacement knob to fit? I notice it comes with an adapter.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for that. Did you tell Alfisti about the problem?
Yes, they said they didn't hear abut it before, but would check up on it...
I haven't heard about anybody more having that problem besides evilshrimp from Norway and me, so suppose it's not a normal issue.
I still love my knob :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts