Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone anyidea can lancias,fiats or other alfas gearbox be used in 155 2.0ts 8v. Just lost mine without a warning!! It just blow speedometergear and oils out. :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would think that the lancia dedra/thema box would be your best bet.the fiats dont use the same drive shaft/output flanges(exept the diesel)
even if the bellhosing is a different pattern you will be able to swap the bellhousing from the old box.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for answers!
I think i got the gearbox issue under control. I found matching alfas own box from finnish scrayard for 500€. It's from similar car and is done only 78 000 kilometres! So lets hope that those sites are up to date. Any tips for mounting? :eek: Does anyone know which gear should be selected when you set your linkage or anyother useful tips! wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it doesnt matter what gear your in..but if you have the old style 'rod' linkage dont get them mixed up.....'tip' take out the stud in the rear of the gearbox by the starter motor.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Leave plenty of time to swap the gearbox, it's not difficult but there's a lot to remove. Suggest you get a new clutch whilst your in there as they are not too expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts