Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its just jumped out of reverse with a bang for the 2nd time this week. Is there a weakness in 16v boxes?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nope, not heard of this one before :confused: How can I say this Chris....err, perhaps it's you driving style ;) :D

wrinx

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You must make sure that reverse is fully engaged on the 2 litre TS otherwise you get a nice crunching noise instead. Sometimes you have to finish pushing it in whilst releasing the clutch, slowly!

I understand this is a "feature" that gives the car some of its "character".

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it was definatly in gear properly when it jumped out - with a bang and a shudder that shuck ( :rolleyes: sp?) the whole car.

I'm pretty sure there is a weakness in some of the earlier boxes. I look at a QV once with a "gearbox fault" . There's an occasional clunck coming from somwhere when taking up slack in the drivtrain too.

How the the hell so you spell shook, shouk, shuck????????? Bloody dyslexia. :rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poor car thats all i can say.... i seen you drive.... jesus
My 16 v has ocasionally jumped out of gear, but always becasue ive been a bit limp wristed putting it in gear.... a few gearboxes up at howards place brother !!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reverse is a straight cut non sycromesh gear so the only thing it could be is the selector fork but thats a steel fork on reverse so i dont think its that either.....
i would look at the gearlinkage pivot on the steering rack or maybe an engine mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts