Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my owners manual of my 166 3.0 on page 205 it shows a photo of a gearbox oil dip stick to check the level of that oil. Where is that stick located and how do i get at it, from the top of the motor or under the motor, left or right side? If that oil gets to low is there a warning light in the car that shows that?

G

·
If I remember correctly its on the left (facing forward) and behind the engine just in front of the bulkhead on top of the gearbox case and you access it from above. Its pretty difficult, but not impossible to get at, and I would suggest you use a torch/flashlight to illuminate the area so you can see it and the area you are working in. Getting it back in its hole is quite fiddly, but be patient and you will be fine.

There is no warning light as its not like an engine that uses oil in operation.

Alfalincs

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I gave up from aboce and found it easier to take the wheel off and remove the liner, you can just about get to it and leave most of the flesh on your arm that way...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alfalincs, with your help i found that dip-stick. You need lots of light to see it and then you need a long thin arm to get down there. And good fingers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts